What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 - first impressions

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So no one else experiences the black background except me, and everybody experiences the 'snap' effect in all apps, except me, for my case, only for Safari!! iOS 7 has different tastes for different people. Smart OS, is it not? ;)
Hi, I get all kinds of weird things happening when I use the five finger pinch. I get stutters, I get black screens for a second. It's all annoying. The little icons are childish and I'm finding the Safari and Chrome slower than before to respond. I also can't see how to get more emails to download to my account on the iPad, that used to be an option but it is now gone with no way to adjust. I hate this new interface. It's a huge step backwards in my humble opinion. I wish I had my daughters Surface at this point! It's more professional and fun to use. This is now like a stupid, slow toy. Really miss IOS6. :( And since this cost me over $800 I'm pretty pissed about it.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
So no one else experiences the black background except me, and everybody experiences the 'snap' effect in all apps, except me, for my case, only for Safari!! iOS 7 has different tastes for different people. Smart OS, is it not? ;)
i get it too ababababab, and it is again only for Safari (as far as I have found).

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To get mail, simply click on all mail to download. You can adjust to fetch or manual in settings under mail.

I get no black screen at all using gestures but because gestures interferes with one of my apps using handwriting, I generally leave it off. I would add if you continue to have problems with that you contact Apple to see if your particular ipad has problems. I may have missed it but I don't see what model ipad you have--if an Ipad 2 it may be a bit slower to respond to gestures. i'm using an ipad 3/64 GB/3G. One of the things i found annoying was dynamic text. On the possibility this may be causing issues, turn it off in general/accessibility/large text.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To get mail, simply click on all mail to download. You can adjust to fetch or manual in settings under mail.

I get no black screen at all using gestures but because gestures interferes with one of my apps using handwriting, I generally leave it off. I would add if you continue to have problems with that you contact Apple to see if your particular ipad has problems. I may have missed it but I don't see what model ipad you have--if an Ipad 2 it may be a bit slower to respond to gestures. i'm using an ipad 3/64 GB/3G. One of the things i found annoying was dynamic text. On the possibility this may be causing issues, turn it off in general/accessibility/large text.
I have an iPad 4!!

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from, although that's where people's "imagination" should come in to play. That's why there's touch screens with so many possibilities to perform certain operations. People just need to figure some things out for themselves. It sounds harsh, but some people just lack initiative.

well i have been using ios for 5 years now, but i got fooled by the app close system, i was trying to swipe the app icon up lol!

tbh seems to me a change for change sakes, like most of iOS 7 :(.

donnaedavidson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well think I finally got everything back and "up and running" except the connection to my bluetooth keyboard--it works then it doesn't work then it works then it doesn't work--very frustrating tried resetting, tried turning the modem on and off. Really not sure why the update was even released as I don't see any major changes except how things look. Wish they would test it before they release it. Well gonna stop now before my keyboard stops working for the 100th time

oldgiteggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an Apple camera connection kit to replace my cheap version, because iOS7 upgrade stopped my cheap version importing SD cards as quickly as before the upgrade. Annoyingly, no difference, still massively slow. A 32gb card it now takes 35 minutes to read the card. It used to take less than a minute!

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a strange one last night. Typing a reply to one of the forums I'm on and all of a sudden all the characters I'd typed deleted themselves one by one, the screen enlarged itself and moved off centre and everything I tried to do became delayed. I also received an email from Apple this morning stating that someone had used my Apple ID but had been unable to access my account as they didn't have the correct password, Apple suggested that someone had probably forgotten their password and had mistakenly used my Apple ID. I know that iPads are supposed to be almost safe from virus and Trojan attacks but makes you wonder if this may be something to do with IO7.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had a strange one last night. Typing a reply to one of the forums I'm on and all of a sudden all the characters I'd typed deleted themselves one by one, the screen enlarged itself and moved off centre and everything I tried to do became delayed. I also received an email from Apple this morning stating that someone had used my Apple ID but had been unable to access my account as they didn't have the correct password, Apple suggested that someone had probably forgotten their password and had mistakenly used my Apple ID. I know that iPads are supposed to be almost safe from virus and Trojan attacks but makes you wonder if this may be something to do with IO7.

On the note of the password changing, I'd recommend monitoring any activity for the next several ones once you've changed it yourself in case it is a case of someone trying to force access to your device and are abusing the ability to purchase and spamming your credit card.

nickcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the note of the password changing, I'd recommend monitoring any activity for the next several ones once you've changed it yourself in case it is a case of someone trying to force access to your device and are abusing the ability to purchase and spamming your credit card.
Will do, many thanks.

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After playing with iOS7 since launch day, I will say I'm happy with it. I had to get used to it but I'm comfortable with it. I'm surprised that battery life on it is surprisingly good compared to my phone.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try closing apps by 4 finger swipe upwards. Then a small picture of each appears. To finally dismiss an app just flick the pictures to the top. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

And, you can do a three finger swipe UP when these small icons appear and that will close open apps in groups of three! ;)

Most reactions