What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is your side switch set up to? (Settings - General - Use Side Switch To)

You could also try a restart (turn off, wait for a while, turn on again)

My side switch is set to mute. I also restarted my ipad mini. And also waited more than 10 minutes before i power it on.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My side switch is set to mute. I also restarted my ipad mini. And also waited more than 10 minutes before i power it on.
My next suggestion would be to reset all settings. You'd have to set them all up again.

What you can do in any case - follow this link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html
So Apple will know your problem. It seems you're not the only one with a lock rotation issue. Hopefully it will be solved with an update.

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My next suggestion would be to reset all settings. You'd have to set them all up again.

What you can do in any case - follow this link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html
So Apple will know your problem. It seems you're not the only one with a lock rotation issue. Hopefully it will be solved with an update.

Thanks mate, i will add my issue in the link u gave me.

Regarding battery i think i should not use dynamic wallpaper and notifications. Its the duration of standby which is less compared to iOS6. The usage hours are pretty decent and a slight better.

patJc711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My video playback no longer works smoothly sinc upgrading to ios7. It stops, freezes, and then loses track of where it is. The progress bar does not match the actual location of the current display. Like it loses control of the thread or stack that keeps it on track. When I attempt to move back and forth, the progress display is no longer in sync with the actual display. This happens Regularly. I've not been able to watch a video longer than 15-30 minutes without significant problems. Yes, I've don resets on the iPad. It doesn't help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. Oh well, seems useless!

It's forum. You never know when someone is going to be around who both can and has the time to answer your questions. For your original question try the list of usual fixes I'll paste below, if you haven't already.

Normally when you have a question you should create your own thread in the appropriate forum area. After searching to see if it's already been answered, of course. Here is a link to a thread with a how-to for both the website and the forum's app (usually referred to as the iPF app)

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Other than that, just play with the app. You'll figure it out soon enough. If you can't figure out how to do something, ask. You can also visit the website for more control.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My video playback no longer works smoothly sinc upgrading to ios7. It stops, freezes, and then loses track of where it is. The progress bar does not match the actual location of the current display. Like it loses control of the thread or stack that keeps it on track. When I attempt to move back and forth, the progress display is no longer in sync with the actual display. This happens Regularly. I've not been able to watch a video longer than 15-30 minutes without significant problems. Yes, I've don resets on the iPad. It doesn't help.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. However, we ask (and our rules require) that you do give the members of this forum a chance to respond before continuing to post about your issue. I have deleted 7 posts you made and ask you keep your future posts about this issue to this thread. Thanks.

On your issue: If a reset or a restart is not helping, could you tell us what app you are using that is not working properly? If it's the stock Video app, have you tried removing the videos and then putting them back on the iPad. Maybe they got corrupted in the upgrade and you need a "fresh" copy.

If it's an app you got from the AppStore, may I suggest you try deleting the app and then reinstalling it? You won't be charged again (if it's a paid app) and it may help. I have noticed that sometimes apps could also get corrupted by an iOS upgrade. And, sometimes, a new version then works.

Marilyn

patJc711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done all these things, more than once. Wasted many hours today. My time is worth more than this. Signing out. You can delete my account.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New user trying to install printer that is compatible to iPad on my home wireless router. We'll see.....
Btw, I'm retired from a 30 year career in mainframe systems and programming, but still doing free-lance work.
Hence, the iPad. DaXn?!#. Where's the tab key?

Oh dear! The above was your first of nine posts since January 2012 when you were welcomed to this forum. Well at least you seem to have been able to instal that printer that you felt doubtful about, and found out about whether that DaXn?!# tab key ever existed;)

The members here, whether in your time zone or another part of the world, are a helpful bunch given enough time to read your posts and gather their thoughts to assist. You may decide they may be of help to you if you should choose to continue participating. Your call, anyway....
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jaegerhof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have not been able to backup my ipad 2 since upgrading to IOS7. I can do a manual backup to my mac, but cannot backup to the cloud?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have not been able to backup my ipad 2 since upgrading to IOS7. I can do a manual backup to my mac, but cannot backup to the cloud?
Turn off Backup in Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup, then on again. Try to backup.
If this doesn't help: delete iCloud (Delete Account) and set it up again.

Is there enough storage available? Check this also.

Last edited:

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well as I announced elsewhere here I'd bought last week a 128GB iPad 4 3G/4G to allow me to again use my GPS Apps it meant I now have a spare iPad 3 64GB Wi-Fi only. So to keep up with things I upgraded the later machine to iOS 7 to get a feel of things. I have spent the sat 3 days being really gang busters on the new iOS but the most terrible thing that as truly shown up is that at my age I simply cannot read the teeny tiny font in use in so many Apps that I regularly use so are familiar with.( it ain't very good here as the text s really really small.....

My pet gripe is my feel for iTunes is now destroyed. I used to love tapping albums and I was presented with a happiness inducing very colourful array of some 20 album covers that I kept on my machine. Not now, just some downsized blurred low res thumbnail. Extra annoying because I always made sure of good image for every CD on my Mac from which I sync my music from...

The white background is nuts and i wish I could have control to tone it down because with the fine grey fonts its hard to see things on white. Ditto any hope of email reading....

So I will be keeping my iPad 4 on iOS 6 for now and see if it panics. I have to ask Apple .... What were thing....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using the iPF app, there's a possibility to enlarge the font in Settings (app itself):
image-2285895468.jpg
On the iPad itself: Settings - General - Text Size:

image-860987332.jpg

This will not enlarge Calendar, afaik.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts