What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Devices Do You Think Will Get iOS 7?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know that this thread was intended to ask about which devices might get iOS 7...but, I saw some rendering of it last night. I'm not sure about the way it "might" look with the white and black theme. The removal of gloss finish to the apps to make it look more "flat" is to me somewhat boring and reminds me of what I had on my droid phone. I hope it doesn't look so drab like the rumors are suggesting it to be.

I agree. I really don't want them to mess with the look of iOS. Just no reason for it at all. It's one the best things about iOS so why do they insist on mucking around with it? Arrrggghhhhhh!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. I really don't want them to mess with the look of iOS. Just no reason for it at all. It's one the best things about iOS so why do they insist on mucking around with it? Arrrggghhhhhh!

Thank you!! I thought I was the only one to like the glossy, vibrant look of the apps on the home page. It really makes the iOS stand out from the rest with its appearance. I guess we will have to wait. If they are adding that black and white theme, I hope there is some customization options that we can do to spiff it up a little.

OP
iLoner

iLoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!! I thought I was the only one to like the glossy, vibrant look of the apps on the home page. It really makes the iOS stand out from the rest with its appearance. I guess we will have to wait. If they are adding that black and white theme, I hope there is some customization options that we can do to spiff it up a little.

I am fairly satisfied with the look of iOS, but I think that it's time for a UI overhaul, as some apps, such as Notes, are starting to look somewhat outdated, and there are some noticeable UI inconsistencies, particularly in iOS 6. Also, Apple has been criticised for "playing it safe" with recent iOS updates, so it'd only be beneficial for them to make a bold change with iOS 7.

From the rumours I've heard, the software will look more elegant and modern than just bland/soulless. Watch some Jony Ive interviews on YouTube to get an idea of his design philosophy concerning hardware. I think he'll take a similar approach with iOS 7. He has previously stated that he aims to "unify" hardware and software with the look of 7.

It's easy to overestimate the importance of this, but the recently released WWDC app has a noticeably different look to previous versions of iOS, which many have interpreted to be a preview of iOS 7's UI.

Screenshot:

image.jpg

This looks very nice in my opinion.

In terms of features, I look forward to an updated Maps application, which, interestingly, is rumoured to have a "street view-like" feature, and more advanced data.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yeah, a way to customize the look would be welcomed. At least let us play around a bit with the look or whatever. I'm sure ill get used to it over time but the look is the last thing they needed to mess with, IMO.

The iPad 2 is definitely getting it, just read that on CNet. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seems to me they rushed with the release of a new version

It's not rushed at all. The public release won't be for 3-4 months. What was released yesterday was the first beta version for iOS developers.

Most reactions

Latest posts