What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 4.2

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess there's no way to set up the printer? Like point to the wireless access? I have a networked, wireless Canon and yeah of course, no see.

I have a wireless HP printer. I found it by going into the network settings and having it search for the printer with discovery on the printer turned on. Found it and works good for printing pics through the HP printing app. Can't wait for the full iPad printing to be set up. Will make life much easier.

Oh great! I'll try that when I get home. Could be awesome!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
installed the beta about 4 hours ago. There is a subtle but definite speed improvement when browsing in Safari, which for me is extremely welcome benefit.

T

TJK

I can't wait to get back to my Mac and download it. Might be few days as I am in the middle of moving. (and yes, I have a developer account.)

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess there's no way to set up the printer? Like point to the wireless access? I have a networked, wireless Canon and yeah of course, no see.

I have a wireless HP printer. I found it by going into the network settings and having it search for the printer with discovery on the printer turned on. Found it and works good for printing pics through the HP printing app. Can't wait for the full iPad printing to be set up. Will make life much easier.

What about printing to printers that are shared through a pc on the network instead of having a dedicated IP address?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about printing to printers that are shared through a pc on the network instead of having a dedicated IP address?
This does not work... at least not now. As has been said, this feature appears to require a wireless printer that is made specifically to be used with Apple's iOS.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the multitasking....will I be able to keep the connection to my computer on jump when I move to a different program to check something? That would be a big deal to me...

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ok I need step by step....I don't see a search in network settings except the actual wifi....I'm connected to my home network already, where do we look for printer?

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running 4.2 and I love it. Fast, stable and I love the new features. I am not regretting giving up my jailbreak at all. Of course, eventually we'll be able to get 4.2 AND the jailbreak :D

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Ok I need step by step....I don't see a search in network settings except the actual wifi....I'm connected to my home network already, where do we look for printer?

I turned on the wifi on the printer, then went back to network settings on the iPad. The HP Printer then just started showing up as a network connection, just like the wireless. So basically, you have to unhook from your network wireless connection and connect to the printer as your wireless network. Then it should carry over.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where can I download this beta?

Google for:

iPad1_1_4.2_8C5091e_Restore.ipsw

But as u might know u have to know a dev that add´s your UDID, without your UDID saved to the apple server It wount uppdate.

Most reactions