What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 beta 3

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With 4.2 does it change Safari and add tabs etc? Does it eliminate the need to go to Atomic Browser in place of Safari?

No tabs yet, unless they make final changes in upcoming betas or the final. It's showing you how many pages you have opened though.

Swede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beta 3 link please

Can someone PM me a download link for the latest beta? I know what to do with it. No worries!!

Thanks

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't know where to find it then you don't know what to do with it.
Just sayin'.......
(links to it aren't allowed anyway)

Swede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't know where to find it then you don't know what to do with it.
Just sayin'.......
(links to it aren't allowed anyway)

Very supportive answer.

I used iPad os 4.2 beta for two months now, but got it installed via a friend that I cannot get hold of. I have a dev lic but have not paid the extra 100 bucks o get access to the betas. But if someone could PM me a link I´d be very greatful and my iPad would be back on track.

Thanks

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a dev lic but have not paid the extra 100 bucks o get access to the betas.

ios.jpg

The $99 cost is to become a developer, not to get access to the betas. With all due respect, legitimate developers and those authorized by developers do not seem to have these issues.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the same CTD with Netflix after updating to 4.2b3. The fix is simple:
Perform a complete power-down and restart.
Netflix will then run flawlessly.
That is always the first course of action. But it didn't help me. I had to find another show to watch because it would not play the one I wanted unless I got something else to work first. Reboots didn't help.

It's not quite ready for 4.2, or 4.2 is not ready for it. But it does work, albeit not perfectly.

Michael

Actually, I get this exact same issue with Netflix and version 3.2.2 so I'm not sure it has anything to do with 4.x firmware. I have found the same thing helps that you have. Start something else and then go back to the show I want to watch. I hope Netflix keeps working on their code. The buffering needs some serious work as I drop down to low quality mode fairly often, even when sitting within feet of my 802.11n router.

Most reactions