What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

billphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 user for a year +
now want to expand my business with purchase of 6-8 iPad 2 units- I will be distributing to my staff - want them to be able to work remotely and have staff video meeting. Very interested in any info anyone has on video conferencing with the iPad. Have googled almost all sites and subscription services looking for someone using the iPad for this application, even apple business team has never seen this type of application for the iPad- can't believe I'm the only one looking!

tstaley909

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also new. Love everything apple.. I have iPhone 4 a 3GS nano and iPad 2

UKCynthiaT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 user for a year +
now want to expand my business with purchase of 6-8 iPad 2 units- I will be distributing to my staff - want them to be able to work remotely and have staff video meeting. Very interested in any info anyone has on video conferencing with the iPad. Have googled almost all sites and subscription services looking for someone using the iPad for this application, even apple business team has never seen this type of application for the iPad- can't believe I'm the only one looking!

Have you considered using Skype video conferencing for this? I use Skype on the iPad all the time, with or without a headset, though I don't have a use for the videoconference capabilities now available at this time.

In fact, I just downloaded the latest version, and their description for the app is "Bring your Skype contacts closer with full screen video at your fingertips."

You'll find it in the iPad store as "Skype for iPad". As it's free, I'd start there! :D

p.s. I just installed it--and discovered that I needed to remove the OLD Skype version or it failed to complete the contact download and launch.

Last edited:

Egon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone... Picked up my new (and first) iPad 2 yesterday looks cool and works so smooooth hope to get lots of tips off here as I'm not the best with technology :D

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all! New iPad2 user here, and new to this very informative forum!

welcome and yes it is very helpful

iPad 1 user for a year +

hmm. so you are looking for an app that allows video chat among several different people? i havent seen an app that is able to do that yet but hopefully they will either create a new app or just expand upon an older app.

Hi everyone, Thx

welcome and if you need help you can always search.

I'm also new. Love everything apple.. I have iPhone 4 a 3GS nano and iPad 2

apple got saved by the ios. everybody wants to be in the IN crowd meaning having apple everything.

krc6609

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have a problem with safari. When I try to pull up something it won't do anything. The screen is dark but the URL bar is lighted up. It will let me type in a website and will go to the website but when I touch the screen to do what I need to do on any site, it won't do anything. No message pops up or nothin. Plz somebody help

UKCynthiaT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have a problem with safari. When I try to pull up something it won't do anything. The screen is dark but the URL bar is lighted up. It will let me type in a website and will go to the website but when I touch the screen to do what I need to do on any site, it won't do anything. No message pops up or nothin. Plz somebody help

Have you tried simply turning the iPad off and on again? The one time I had something hinky happen with mine (I am a relatively new user) that changed it all and it hasn't done the same since.

What happens when you hit "refresh" (the round arrow thing) in the URL bar? Does it refresh the screen (URL bar goes blue, page re-displays) and you still can't do anything?

If you google something in the right hand typing space, does it bring up the search results? And then can you touch and load one of those, or are you completely hung up there too?

Just a couple of thoughts -- hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Safari will be along soon. My experience? Usually, it's something really, really simple! Good luck and hope you get it sorted. ;)

furryone2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just turned on my ipad, and seem to have lost all my contacts. I cannot find it anywhere. Have not reboot it or download or anything. Am needing my contacts for my business. Would anyone know how to solve this?? Thanks Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying the Contacts app is not on the Home screen? Or that the Contacts app has no contacts in it?

Tim

furryone2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. The contact apps is there. Just no contacts. Lost nearly over 1000 contacts. We should have backed up the contacts through itunes

Paul

alesallustro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, new here...just bought my iPad yesterday! I am looking for the best weather app, any suggestions? Thanks!!!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone -- new here -- hope to learn a lot before I order an Ipad.

Jim

im pretty sure the ipad will grow on you. it has soo many uses that you will never find that it was a waste of money. and Welcome to the forum

Hello, new here...just bought my iPad yesterday! I am looking for the best weather app, any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Welcome. i currently use WeatherPro for iPad and i know its a bit pricey but i honestly thing it gives me everything that i need.

Most reactions