What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new, from Oregon. I have had my ipad 2.5 years and sometimes I love it. I never know if its "issues" are hardware or software related so I am here in frustration

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 297,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app.iPad Forums App Tutorial
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Steven.R.Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve I'm from Brisbane . I'm new to iPad's . I purchased one in the belief it will help my disabled Son to communicate. :thumbup:

sent from Gonzo's phone

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve I'm from Brisbane . I'm new to iPad's . I purchased one in the belief it will help my disabled Son to communicate. :thumbup:

sent from Gonzo's phone

Hi Steve--

Have a look at our Special Needs Section of this Forum. Lots of valuable information there related to non-communicative Apps for people with speech and cognitive disabilities.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please have a look at our IPF App Tutorial:http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Manuals:Apple - Support - Manuals

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Steven.R.Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for the welcome !
I have had a quick look at some of the free ap's . I would like to have a look at other's before buying one that may not be suitable.

sent from Gonzo's phone

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank for the welcome !
I have had a quick look at some of the free ap's . I would like to have a look at other's before buying one that may not be suitable.

sent from Gonzo's phone

You're welcome!! Let us know how we can assist you!

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

sarav001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to fix iPad looking for solutions with HDMI cable not showing pictures but only sound

Last edited by a moderator:

wnorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a newbie from Montreal, Canada. I am having problems installing Calibre for ipad2. Any suggestions? Thank-you

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please have a look at our IPF App Tutorial:http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Manuals:Apple - Support - Manuals

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Last edited:

dellboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI i seemed to have missed my introductry post, sorry for that.
I have a 32GB Ipad2 which I am tryingy to use for my family history.Ive joined to see if any one else has done it,and if so what sort of app is needed.Thanks

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HI i seemed to have missed my introductry post, sorry for that.
I have a 32GB Ipad2 which I am tryingy to use for my family history.Ive joined to see if any one else has done it,and if so what sort of app is needed.Thanks

Hi there Dellboy from another UK resident and one who is well onto his family history. ;)

Some of us do use our iPads for family history. Afaik, the number is small but I expect it will grow. There are threads which cover the interest and discuss family history apps. Try these threads: -

First, this is a general discussion thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/36130-family-history.html

Second, this covers Rootsmagic4. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/32437-rootsmagic-4-genealogy-program.html

I use Gedview and Ancestry's tree to go apps. I have RM4 loaded up, but not my gedcom as yet.

Apart from the tree-building apps/databases, the iPad is a mini multi purpose device able to scan, take photos, hold photo albums, has good maps apps and Internet access.

I believe the use of an iPad for field research in any interest is important and this aspect will grow in popularity.

HTH

Richard Brown
A member of the iPF moderators' team.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Suhaib Alamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there..

I just joined the forums, but i'm an old iPad user. I had (and my kid still has) an iPad one, and now i got iPad 4 4G.. Using it for games and work related purposes...

Kooley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HEY YALL, I'M NEW HERE AND I HOPE I CAN GET SOME DIRECTION FOR SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY IPAD 3 FROM TIME TO TIME. THANX I LIKE SPORT CARDS, COINS, AND BIKES, ( the pedaling kind ), ALSO CRAZY BOUT MOTORCYCLES, NOT ABLE WORK ANY MORE SO STAY HOME HELP MY NEICE WITH DISHES AND MAYBE A LITTLE LAUNDRY . I HAVE A TREK PURE LOWSTEP (orange), I RIDE FOR HEALTH UPKEEP. 52 YRS OLD. WOULD LOVE TO FIND A MOTORCYCLE I CAN SIT COMF. ON WITH MY HIP PROBLEM. MAYBE ONE THOSE 5150 kicker kit bikes i been thinkin? I USE A RAZOR HD ANDROID RIGHT NOW TOO. PEACE...ANYBODY CLOSE TO JUNCTION CITY? arkansas/louisiana line.... have lived, OKLAHOMA,MISSISSIPPI,FLORIDA,WASHINGTON STATE,TEXAS,ARKANSAS,LOUISIANA, HOPE TO TRY COLORADO NEXT.... ....

Most reactions

Latest posts