What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to order the Apple TV ~ Now!

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DefBref said:
What type of videos are they? And do they already play on your ipad, via either the inbuilt video app or another app?

I may have misled you slightly about airvideo, thats good for getting videos that you can access on your network to ATV thru the ipad without needing to convert them into itunes compatible. Not really anygood for videos already on your ipad.

Since the last reply here I decided to get me a composite video cable which works fine. I first purchased a component video cable which was a mistake because the colours on the tv screen were way off. Like on a beach video the water looked green the peeps looked blue.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[

Since the last reply here I decided to get me a composite video cable which works fine. I first purchased a component video cable which was a mistake because the colours on the tv screen were way off. Like on a beach video the water looked green the peeps looked blue.

Are you sure you hooked it up correctly if you transpose the colors you will get the effect that you describe, make sure that red goes to red, green to green and blue to blue........

BTW Marie did you ever get yours, if so how do you like it, I just .added a second one to my system

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, Tom! No. I didn't get mine yet ~

But I am make no mistake.:)

A second one! So not fair. So tell me. You can take ATV with you and use it anywhere?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You can take ATV with you and use it anywhere?

Oh yeah, you certainly can.......you'll need wifi if you want to access iTunes movie store though.

Now, get to the apple store and get with the program......pronto!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You can take ATV with you and use it anywhere?

Oh yeah, you certainly can.......you'll need wifi if you want to access iTunes movie store though.

Now, get to the apple store and get with the program......pronto!

The Archangel

Lol! Oh. So ~ how cool is that? Gab ~ I would want to access Netflix, though. Is that possible?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Awesome! Thanks. "A bit of work to get it going...." it says.

I will need a PhD!:)

I don't think we get netflix over here so I can't help but everything I have thrown at my Apple TV so far has been seamless......get the remote app, it's fantastic.

The Archangel

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your device ID for Netflix is tied to your account, where your ATV is located is irrelevant, so as long as you have internet access for the ATV (either wired or wireless) there should be no issue.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
b00bie said:
[

Are you sure you hooked it up correctly if you transpose the colors you will get the effect that you describe, make sure that red goes to red, green to green and blue to blue........

BTW Marie did you ever get yours, if so how do you like it, I just .added a second one to my system

If these colours were marked better like regular component cables are then it would be much easier to hook up. I took he cables back and exchanged them for the component cables. The picture looked much better the composite did.

The only thing is that there is not any way to view everything that is on the iPod/iPad on the TV screen. I wish someone would have invented something by now that let's one do this.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still getting my Apple TV. Probably the same time I get my new iPhone 4S.

Bonus day. :). December 2Oth.

What a sweet day that will be! Now figuring out how two devices work may require IPF and a bottle of whine.

:p

McSnifferson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, please excuse my ignorance here, but does ATV on,y play movies through your iTunes? I was hoping you may be able to stream from iPad using CineXPlayer as the formats are quicker to install rather than taking hours to convert to iTunes format?

Any ideas?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, please excuse my ignorance here, but does ATV on,y play movies through your iTunes? I was hoping you may be able to stream from iPad using CineXPlayer as the formats are quicker to install rather than taking hours to convert to iTunes format?

Any ideas?
IIRC CineXPlayer does not have the AirPlay feature, so it would not work with Apple TV2. There are a number of apps that have AirPlay besides iTunes though. More here:''

Apple - Apple TV - Now there

http://www.apple.com/appletv/airplay.html

EDIT: I downloaded the CineXPlayer out of curiosity because I noted in one of the screenshots what looked to be an AirPlay icon (little TV-like icon in the lower right-hand corner). That's not what it was. That icon gives you an output option for "TV/VGA". So it turns out that it does not work with the Apple TV2 after all.

Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 11.05.31 PM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions