What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to order the Apple TV ~ Now!

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but it's going to take a while until I receive it.how about you?

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
A friend who works at Apple is getting us the Apple TV for $65. It was ordered today and I am so excited!

You're really going to enjoy it (especially at that price)!

If some prognostications come to pass it sounds like we'll be able to start using some apps on it soon as well! :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, it's a cakewalk once you get it set up. The biggest PIA is to enter your Apple ID and PW...HOWEVER...if you have the Remote App on your iPad...you can use the keyboard! The rest is dead simple.

Mine is jailbroken and I've played around with a few things that you can add. I don't think it's really worth the trouble yet though. Hopefully Apple will update things soon to allow us to start adding a few apps.

Enjoy!

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What hardware is available to project everything from the iPhone/iPod onto a TV. Right now I can only project You Tube. I am wanting to project my photographs as well as the videos that I have on the phone.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What hardware is available to project everything from the iPhone/iPod onto a TV. Right now I can only project You Tube. I am wanting to project my photographs as well as the videos that I have on the phone.

Have you even read the thread you chose to post on? The answer already in the thread.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Have you even read the thread you chose to post on? The answer already in the thread.

I am new to these type of devices. From what I get from your reply the Apple TV device will allow any videos on the iPad/iPod to be put on the TV correct?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Any video the iPad videos app can play will work, also lots of third party apps like buzz player and air video also include airplay so even videos that the videos app cant play you can get to the atv.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
DefBref said:
Any video the iPad videos app can play will work, also lots of third party apps like buzz player and air video also include airplay so even videos that the videos app cant play you can get to the atv.

Not exactly true... The server part needs to do the transcoding into mp4 format for AirPlay to work. That's not the case if only the app is the one decoding other format. I don't think that the iPad would be able to decode a format and transcode it in mp4 format in realtime.

VicoPad addict!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
DefBref said:

Not exactly true... The server part needs to do the transcoding into mp4 format for AirPlay to work. That's not the case if only the app is the one decoding other format. I don't think that the iPad would be able to decode a format and transcode it in mp4 format in realtime.

VicoPad addict!

Whats unture about my statement? I said you could get videos to the ATV via the ipad using third party apps and airplay. I didn't go into details of how you achieve that.

Buzz player decodes on the fly on the ipad, however its true what you say about airvideo, where the transcoding is done on your pc or mac, but I didn't mention the method just the result.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded all of the above applications at were mentioned. Air Video does not seem to know how to connect to my WIFI service. So I manually put in my routers IP address. Even after that Air Video can not connect to the internet. I do not see why the Internet is needed. The things that I have on the iPad are what I want to display on my TV.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What type of videos are they? And do they already play on your ipad, via either the inbuilt video app or another app?

I may have misled you slightly about airvideo, thats good for getting videos that you can access on your network to ATV thru the ipad without needing to convert them into itunes compatible. Not really anygood for videos already on your ipad.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
DefBref said:
Whats unture about my statement? I said you could get videos to the ATV via the ipad using third party apps and airplay. I didn't go into details of how you achieve that.

Buzz player decodes on the fly on the ipad, however its true what you say about airvideo, where the transcoding is done on your pc or mac, but I didn't mention the method just the result.

My bad, I just read your post again, and you're right as you said that some 3rd party apps can do it. Sorry ;)

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions