What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV Question

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I presently use the component connect cable to watch movies that are on my iPad on my TV. Unfortunately, the video quality is really poor. I understand that with Apple TV we will ultimately be able to stream from the iPad to the TV. I'm wondering whether the video quality is expected to be better than the video quality when using the component connect cable. Does anyone know?

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if your are watching movies that you've downloaded from iTunes the quality should be good with the component cables you are using... if this is some movie you converted maybe that's the problem... if your movies are bad quality don't think the apple tv will make them look better... try downloading a free episode on iTunes and then play on your tv using the components cable and compare the quality between the 2...

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's my understanding that AppleTV is HDMI out only at 720p. So, if you have only component in, a decent converter'll cost more than the box itself, and your TV may not be up to that resolution. IF your TV has HDMI, go for it. You can always return it.

Most reactions

Latest posts