What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Launches Play Movies & TV app for iPhone and iPad Users

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
google-play-music-tv-ios-360x400.jpeg

Google has made available the Play Movies & TV app for iOS users, so movie and TV lovers can now buy or rent newly release movies and next-day TV shows. So, if you have purchased any movies or TV shows from Google Play, you can now play them on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Google Play Movies & TV allows you to watch movies and TV shows purchased or rented on Google Play. Watch your favorite movies and shows instantly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from wherever you are. Buy or rent movies by visiting Google Play Store on any computer and watch them from any device over Wi-Fi using the Google Play Movies & TV app.

You can’t actually buy movies or TV shows in the app itself; and the offline playback is also missing as the video will only stream over a Wi-Fi connection. The launch of the Play Movies & TV app for iOS users shows Google’s effort of bringing more of its services to iOS service, after the Mountain View company has previously released Google Play Books and Google Play Music.

Source: iPhoneforums

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder what pricing is like? But probably won't work with airplay or Apple TV. That would be too easy lol

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

vespa5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's kinda nice. I've purchased quite a few movies and shows via Google Play on my Nexus 10. It's nice to actually play them on my iPad Air. The video and audio quality is pretty much the same as what you'd get via iTunes (through my experience).

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny how Google recognizes that people who own Apple products use Google services....while Apple still seems to expect everyone to live within their ecosystem totally. They do need to wake up on this. At the same time, it is strange that I have never bought a single movie from Google (same with Apple) but several are in my account claiming I own them. I do appreciate how Google seems to respect me and makes good apps for iOS. Apple does seem to give a hoot if you can't get to your content to paid them for. It is easy to see why some hate Apple so much (I'm not a hater, but I do recognize how a corporation thinks). Google seems to go an extra mile not to be evil (even though we know they really are!). :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's kinda nice. I've purchased quite a few movies and shows via Google Play on my Nexus 10. It's nice to actually play them on my iPad Air. The video and audio quality is pretty much the same as what you'd get via iTunes (through my experience).

Can u use it with some sort of steaming device?

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

julialloyds45

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts