What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Jailbreak iOS 8.x Using TaiG

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TaiG is the newest jailbreak tool released - it will jailbreak iOS 8.0 through 8.1.1 (and supposedly, it jailbreaks the beta iOS 8.2, though it's been turned off for now...).

This tool works on all iPads capable of running iOS 8, so only the original iPad cannot use this tool.

Although this is one of the most easiest jailbreak tools to use, there are a few things you need to do to prepare for the jailbreak tool to run. Thus, this tutorial. :)

Here are the steps:

(1) Download the TaiG jailbreak tool from this site: https://mega.co.nz/#!Rt4ERYpQ!s7Ee-5UaK4UMFfRfOhgAYJZppfnnVJIdhN3L-_H_RSo

NOTE: The current version of the TaiG tool is v1.1 (as of December 5, 2014).

(2) Ensure your iPad is on iOS 8.1.1. Please note that if your iPad was updated to iOS 8.1.1 via Apple's over-the-air (OTA) method (as in, you didn't use iTunes to install the software), you will need to restore a "fresh" verision of iOS 8.1.1 onto the iPad using iTunes.

(3) Backup your iPad and then eject it from iTunes. However, leave the iPad connected to the computer

(4) Turn off "Find My iPad," your passcode/Touch ID and put the iPad into Airplane mode. I also recommend setting your device's Auto-Lock to Never.

(5) Open/run the TaiG jailbreak tool. When the tool opens, you will see two boxes are already checked: the one for Cydia and another for 3K Assistant. Uncheck the box for 3K Assistant.

The tool will recognize your iPad and you can then press the green button. The TaiG tool will do it's magic and, once it's done rebooting, you will be jailbroken (!). And yes, this is one of the quickest jailbreaking tools I have ever used.

(6) Once your iPad has rebooted (the jailbreak is done), you should see the Cydia icon. Press it to open Cydia (note that you may have to take your iPad out of Airplane mode). Cydia will tell you it's preparing the file system; this will take a bit. Then, the iPad will reboot again.

(7) Go back to Cydia and press on the "Changes" tab. If you do not see a long list of tweaks and such, press the Refresh button in the upper left of the tab to force Cydia to refresh.

And, that's it. You are now jailbroken! Congratulations and happy jailbreaking.

How come I end up at a site trying to have me download some cloud storage? I want the Taig-files, since I've just upgraded to 8.1.2...

[EDIT] Ok, I found the files elsewhere. Only to find it's Windows only. And, of course(?), the only thing available for a week or so longer is Mac... Aaaaaaarrrrgh! [/EDIT]

//Stefan

Last edited:

Oner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please tell me how to fix this?
314cck4.jpg

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What version of iTunes are you running [on what type of computer]? Evidently, iTunes 12.1 has been updated to run 64-bit. But, this update makes it so the current jailbreak tools won't work.

The only solution I have seen (if you have iTunes 12.1 installed) is to fully uninstall it and re-install iTunes 12.0.x. Then, the jailbreak tool will work.

See this thread for more details on the uninstall process (to iclude direct downloads of the iTunes 12.0 .exe file): http://www.ipadforums.net/posts/1092460/

Marilyn

weex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, just to make it sure, cause i think im gonna be depressed.

Theres is no way to JAILBREAK my ipad mini 1, 8.2 (no beta) from an IOS system ????? ( i can not start from windows...) thanx for the confirmation....

weex

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there, just to make it sure, cause i think im gonna be depressed.

Theres is no way to JAILBREAK my ipad mini 1, 8.2 (no beta) from an IOS system ????? ( i can not start from windows...) thanx for the confirmation....

weex
I'm afraid that there's no available jailbreak for iOS 8.2 or 8.3 at this time. You'll have to wait for the release of a compatible jailbreak.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bit of an update for those that're just restoring to 8.4 and looking to jailbreak. TaiG released a Mac utility a few weeks back which a lot of users aren't aware of. Here's the TaiG source link, or a MEGA link here of the same utility hosted by me if your connection to their host server is slow (same download).

adupree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, I'm having an issue with TaiG just being blank. I have the newest version 1.1.0 and have iTunes 12.0.1. iTunes sees my iPad, but when I launch TaiG it is just blank. Also from video's I have watched their versions are english, mine is chinese. Device is an iPad Air 2 running 8.3

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe you've missed the window for jailbreaking iOS 8. Apple has to be still signing an iOS version in order for you to do the initial jailbreak. No version of iOS 8 is currently being signed, and there are no jailbreaks for any version of iOS 9.

At this point, you'll have to wait for the community to come up with an iOS 9 jailbreak.

adupree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not aware that Apple has to be signing to JB. My issue is with TaiG. It launches but is blank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not aware that Apple has to be signing to JB. My issue is with TaiG. It launches but is blank.

You are correct. I am wrong about the signing. My fault. My brain seems to be on vacation today. :oops:

However, I have no idea what your problem is. Hopefully someone more familiar with the procedure will wander by.

adupree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No worries! I'm gonna try another machine tonight.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You do have to be very careful if your jailbreak if the iOS version is no longer being signed as any problems requiring a restore will cost you the jailbreak as you'll end up on iOS 9.0.2, which has no jailbreak yet.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts