What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How has your iPad changed the way you use your other devices?

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am on the road I always keep the notebook in the trunk just in case but the iPad is the main device for browsing and keeping up to date with financial information.

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
well this isn't a case of how the iPad has changed the way I do things, but after owning an iPad my HTC Touch Pro phone screen seems soooooo tiny it's funny

Jenny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my ipad now for about two weeks. In these past two weeks i have probably only used my PC for a few hours. I can use my ipad for 90% of what I was using my PC for, and it never leaves my side. As a college student, I really don't know what I'd do without this thing!

I do some online tests on my pc only because the site is flash. And I use itunes to sync in new music every now and then as I only have the 16 gb wifi version, so I do not keep all my music on the ipad.

Until Star wars, the old republic is released in the spring, ill probably continue to use the ipad for almpst everything. but once that happens, you won't be able to pry me from my PC. However, my ipad will always be my go-to mobile device. This thing is incredible... And even if people say its just a large ipod touch, or that laptops are more versitile... Pfft...I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well I still prefer my much more powerful pc over ipad as it has bigger screen and is faster, even for the internet (dont flame this is the truth)

i still use my iAudio mp3 player over ipad as it is much smaller, but recently added music to ipad and enjoy it on the ipad as well...

still game on my ps3 alot..

dont have ipad 3G so still use my cell.. but have installed Skype app on ipad and when Im on ipad and too lazy to get up to get my cell or no phone is nearby, (I bought 10 bucks of Skype credit) I make calls w/ ipad..

I still use my mpk88, but have installed some killer drumbeat apps and spending more time on ipad than my mpk88!

so it ALL comes down to the laptop, and the ipad has made my laptop a primitive dinosaur, lol..:D

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad exclusively at home! I use my iPhone for random games when I'm board out in about sometimes it more suitable to use the iPhone out and about for games. When I'm home it's iPad all the way I love that the newly updated apps for iPhone look great on the iPad before it would look to grainy! I use my other phonenmy nexus one for gps nothing beats googles free turn by turn on google maps! Desktop sync only. Maybe when I'm back in school I'll use it more.

can't wait of ios4 for iPad!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my Macbook Pro far less and the battery life of my iPhone has increased substantially.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is making a big change in what I can do. I did not take my laptop around because it was bulky and I was often in areas where there is no wifi. My work computer does not allow me to check my home email, and it would be frustrating to be at some relative for a night or two without access. I could use my laptop and read with the Kindle app, or watch videos. Now I am able to use this even in the carwash, or waiting in line at the drive through.

crawdad62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use my iPhone as much. I used to have the phone laying on the coffee table while I was watching TV so I could check IMDB or something. Now the iPad is there and much easier.

On a side note I was looking through a magazine the other day and there was an ad that had a video type window with the play arrow in the middle of it and I tapped the magazine page so the video would start playing. :eek:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use my windows mobile phone any more. I now have a basic phone with no data service. Its for talking to people only. It was a really good phone, but the screen size was frustrating. I do miss having a 5MP camera connected to the internet with me at all times. Come on Apple - give us a camera!

I also find that I don't use my home desktop for web surfing much now. I still use it for other things (games, excel, powerpoint, pages with flash, etc) but that usage is pretty minimal.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On a side note I was looking through a magazine the other day and there was an ad that had a video type window with the play arrow in the middle of it and I tapped the magazine page so the video would start playing. :eek:
haha - I pulled up my tabletPC/laptop that I use for iTunes to sync to the iPad and tapped the screen a couple of times with my finger instead of the pen.

Most reactions