What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Of You Use The iPad Even When...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the iPad 90% of the time only connect to the Macbook to back up and sync
Personally the iPad is faster accessing Internet games (apple) and all other functions inc music movies Than any Mac I have known

And I have used owned every model because I have been a reseller or selling macs since 84
If you need specific applications like accounting movie production photo editing flash sites etc and complex speed sheets then yes use a pc or a Mac

The iPad is an on demand product that just works and for most people accessing Internet, email movies, looking at pictures music news sites comics it is perfect option.

Last edited:

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I play games occasionally and for those I still use my pc.

I have a laptop but I never use that on my lap. It is portable but mostly I transport it from my desk at home to my desk at work.

Right now I am sitting in a recliner watching the late show. I would now want a laptop on my lap right now but the iPad is fine. I can sit it on the table next to my chair and pick it up (with one hand) and check email or my usual message board hang-outs.

I also would not read books on my laptop.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my dual core laptop and my iPad sitting on the coffee table, and 90% of the time, I grab the iPad. I will grab the laptop if there is something I want to print.

bigjara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an iPad instead of a computer because for web browsing, the iPad is just the best out there

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer it simply because it is more energy efficient. Electricity costs money and my lovely city just passed an energy tax increase. Anything I can do to reduce my costs is great.

SallySparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it for reading, and it's great when you want to concentrate on one thing. I've realized I cover a lot more material when I use my iPad because it's a lot easier to get distracted on my laptop. Multitasking on the iPad, while not impossible, is harder. This is a good thing when I need to focus.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it in the bathroom. Of course I make sure I wash my hands:D

brandiem09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I bought the iPad was that I could use it everywhere and it's not as cumbersome as my laptop. I'm a full time student and spend most of my days at a computer doing research, writing papers, etc. and it has caused some back pain. Now, with the iPad I can surf the web, access my courses online, and hopefully soon, have my textbooks on there. Now, I can sit on the couch or in my bed, which definitely eases back pain.

I'm not that productive at the moment, but since I don't watch TV, the internet is my main source of entertainment besides reading. Now I have one device for all. I'm am extremely pleased with the iPad.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer it over the pc because stretched out on the couch is better than the 4 year old computer chair.

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iPad whenever I need to do something quick, like check the score of a game, check my facebook, Twitter, or anything that involves quick web browsing.. And more importantly you look so much cooler with an iPad than you do with any other laptop!!

Most reactions

Latest posts