What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever dropped your iPad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I have dropped my BlackBerry Curve a time or two. Thank goodness I have an OtterBox case for it! And I must say that OtterBox customer service is great! And no, I don't work for Otterbox!

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also drop my iPad from one meter height, lucky my iPad is with the cases. No damage lucky. I don't thing iPad is hard to come by. It take less then one hour to make 1ipad, and take 9 month for woman make one baby.

Kat4407

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help me! My IPad 2 recently fell off the couch, I thought everything was ok until I looked at my iPad and realized that there
Was a small dent right where the volume button was and the volume icon wouldn't go away or let me turn the volume up and down. After reading a few posts in the forums I decided to try to un-dent it with a small screwdriver. My iPad suffered from some minor
Scratches but nothing changed. Now I feel like I have already ruined my iPad. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Oh and I did
Have a hard case on my iPad when the fall occurred.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dropped my iPad 1 once, big dent in the corner, and a horizontal strip of the touchscreen wouldn't work. But I took it to apple, they tested it, and replaced it. Thank goodness they didn't notice the dent :p

As for my iPad 3, no not yet, and I hope I never do.

BobjGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the perfect solution. My cases are heavy silicone designed for drop protection. Anyone wanting a good protective case would be very happy with one on these. and they are reasonably priced. I had one customer write thanking me. He left his Thrive tablet on the roof of his car after buckling in his child. At 60 mph he heard the case fly off the roof of his car onto the highway. He expected to find pieces scattered over the road. His tablet was still working in the case, which had minor scratches. He was lucky it was early morning and little traffic that morning. It was such a good testimonial, I exchanged his case for a brand new one.

I just started selling Bobj iPad Cases today, but check out my customer feedback on Amazon for my Thrive Cases.

LINK:Bobj iPad 3 and iPad 2 Cases at Amazon.

I design each model case myself, beta test them with forum members and build prototypes, until I am satisfied everything is fine. I take great pride in the quality cases I design and the fair price I sell them at. I think you would really like the protection they afford and the nice grip they provide.

Regards,
Bobj

Last edited:

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped it once! But fortunately it landed one the screen, there a few microscopic svratches now, but you really have to look close to notice them. So no harm done so far :)

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
Dropped my ipad 1 twice. Once it bounced down the stairs with no noticable damage. A few months ago it fell on a marble floor at the airport while in a metal pdair case. It dented one corner, pushing the plastic/rubber seal around the screen up a bit. Still works fine. Ipad 3 is still unharmed (knock on wood) although I expect it to be less sturdy when falling on the edge because of the edge shape.
All 'demonstrations' with ipads constitute dropping it screen-down onto the pavement. That is quite a certain way to kill the screen.

Axle209

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like there are a lot of lucky iPad owners, me not so lucky. Our iPad was a week and half old, I was carrying small dog with
pillow and iPad tucked under arm to car. I drop the iPad from waist height on to concrete; it had a case on it but landed on corner
and cracked the glass. Even with a case if your devices are drop on the corner there is a chance of the screen being broken.

BobjGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like there are a lot of lucky iPad owners, me not so lucky. Our iPad was a week and half old, I was carrying small dog with
pillow and iPad tucked under arm to car. I drop the iPad from waist height on to concrete; it had a case on it but landed on corner
and cracked the glass. Even with a case if your devices are drop on the corner there is a chance of the screen being broken.

Hi Axle209,

You are right about portfolio style cases, they don't provide all around heavy duty protection.

That is why I developed my iPad cases, they protect your iPad from a drop on the corner, the edges. It if falls flat on its back, or on it's screen.
And they are less than half the price of the heavier more expensive "big name" protective cases. Hope you try one.

Link: Bobj Protective iPad Cases at Amazon.com

Regards,
bobj

Most reactions