What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 wifi connection drops intermittently....problem solved

LannyZoglmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was facing this same problem with my Ipad2.. Thank you guys for solving this problem.

Willo1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me...I have a 2week old ipad2 and
Recently it will not let me connect to the Internet. Everytime I try to open
Up a web browser an error message comes up saying 'CANNOT OPEN PAGE safari could not
Open the page because the server stopped responding'.

Does anyone know why I am unable to connect to the Internet and advise
How I can fix this?

Cheers!! :-D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you connect to the Internet using other apps? For example, does Mail work? Or can you use iTunes or the App Store, both of which require Internet access. I'm trying to work out whether the problem is a Safari issue - or whether it's truly an Internet connectivity issue.

Tim

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Willo1984 said:
Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me...I have a 2week old ipad2 and
Recently it will not let me connect to the Internet. Everytime I try to open
Up a web browser an error message comes up saying 'CANNOT OPEN PAGE safari could not
Open the page because the server stopped responding'.

Does anyone know why I am unable to connect to the Internet and advise
How I can fix this?

Cheers!! :-D

If you happen to live in Manchester, blame the Tories! I've had terrible trouble yesterday and today, but was reassured when Idiscovered my laptop was the same. I really do blame the Tories. The Conference delegates are maybe snaffling all the cyberspace! It is OK now.

equilibria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a Linksys router and placed it on the exact same spot as the previous Zyxel.

Everything works okay now.

I do have my doubts of the Ipad not working together with the Zyxel.

Is it Apple favoritizing hardware brands? Or is Zyxel not applying standards?

Regards,
Equilibria

eagleisaiah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do know that Apple engineers would not be stupid enough to mass-produce something that is affected by there magnets. I have a technical background I do diagnostic work for a living I do know that sometimes you can stumble upon something that you think it is and it's really something else so you may be fooled by thinking it's the cover. So unless you got sophisticated electronic equipment hooked up to it and can do comparison with the cover on and off . What you think you know and what hard-core diagnostic work will tell you may not be the same some thing in your wifi could have change making you think it is the cover .

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Funny you would say that. iPad 2 and iOS 5 is mass produced with a HUGE security flaw. Smart cover helps intruders bypass pass code locks.

Most reactions

Latest posts