What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever dropped your ipad? Bumped it?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Invisibleshield protects from scratches. It probably acts like window tint in that if the iPad glass were to somehow shatter (gasp), the Invisibleshield would hold all the broken glass pieces together, LOL.

The front (which is what I have) was $25. I think the full body is $35.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Invisibleshield protects from scratches. It probably acts like window tint in that if the iPad glass were to somehow shatter (gasp), the Invisibleshield would hold all the broken glass pieces together, LOL.

The front (which is what I have) was $25. I think the full body is $35.

Oh Lord. How horrible would that be I ask you.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have accidentally dropped remote controls on the screen or a ps3 controller, but nothing as far as damage, not even a scratch..

I have ordered some plastic screens and a case from eBay, still waiting to arrive..

I think it is pretty rugged , not like a tough book, but i think it would survive a drop.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I droped mine from my bed about a 3 foot drop there was a nice quite indent on on the outside frame and also had dead pixels crossing the screen on the side of the dent...

aww...! That is terrible! I would have cried. Seriously.

Um I did. But I got it replaced within two hours at the apple store thank god! I couldn't stand to look at those pink pixels! I tore both my ACL's and I didn't cry!

iPad = my child lol

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine slipped out of a binder walking up a flight of stairs once. It tumbled a couple steps down, my heart was throbbing when I picked it up... My lucky day, no harm done......:)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have accidentally dropped remote controls on the screen or a ps3 controller, but nothing as far as damage, not even a scratch..

I have ordered some plastic screens and a case from eBay, still waiting to arrive..

I think it is pretty rugged , not like a tough book, but i think it would survive a drop.

Hi! Gosh I hope it survives a drop! I am glad yours was okay.:)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I droped mine from my bed about a 3 foot drop there was a nice quite indent on on the outside frame and also had dead pixels crossing the screen on the side of the dent...

Um I did. But I got it replaced within two hours at the apple store thank god! I couldn't stand to look at those pink pixels! I tore both my ACL's and I didn't cry!

iPad = my child lol

That is too funny! So you have the Apple Insurance?

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to YouTube and there is a guy who breaks his on purpose on release day then they bash it with a bat. All I have to say is why?

Highlow87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thiskingdombythesea.tumblr.com
I've been really careful with mine. well, been trying to be careful. It did fall of the bed once but the crop wasn't too high up and there was no harm done, except for my heart stopping for half a second.

I still need to get a case! oh and I have noticed there is a scratch on the back :(

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iPad = my child lol

That is too funny! So you have the Apple Insurance?

I do have the apple care but it docent cover accidents at each apple store they have a whole bunch of ipads in brown boxes with the sole purpose to be replacement ipads that's how i got a new on for a small fee of 289

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to YouTube and there is a guy who breaks his on purpose on release day then they bash it with a bat. All I have to say is why?

Yup, we saw the iPad go under the bat, the grinder and the microwave. (did I miss anything else?) My personal favorite was the grinder..:p

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been really careful with mine. well, been trying to be careful. It did fall of the bed once but the crop wasn't too high up and there was no harm done, except for my heart stopping for half a second.

I still need to get a case! oh and I have noticed there is a scratch on the back :(

Oh no. A scratch. I would not like that either. My case should be here today or tomorrow. I just can't take mine out of this house into the field without it. I did it once, on Monday and I sat on it and it almost slipped out from the towel I had it wrapped in and I am just busy to be worrying about it.

I need my case!!;)

Most reactions