What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever dropped your ipad? Bumped it?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sat on my yesterday:eek: I don't have a case yet, it should be here any day. Sacramento has NOT ONE case anywhere!

Anyways ~

I have been leaving it at home because I am so worried I will drop it or something ~ slippery little suckers.:p

So I wrapped it in this towel and put it in my briefcase, then I took it out and put it on my car seat, wrapped in it's towel, put my purse in the trunk, and got back in and sat down.

On my iPad! I thought wtf is that? I jumped up and said: "oh my God oh my God!"

I was looking to see if it was bent!!!:eek::) Or broken. But it was okay.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cartwheeled across a carpeted floor and into my TV stand when it slipped out of my hand, but no harm done.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleaning the basement monday. Had the iPad in its case sitting on top of the freezer playing a video.

Moved a table, bumped the freezer and watched in agonizing slow motion as it gently toppled forward off the freezer and headed for the inevitable encounter with the concrete. Got a sneaker under it just in time and trapped it between my calf and the freezer.

Picked it up, placed it on a more stable surface, changed my undies, and got back to work...

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been very cautious with the iPad and have, so far, avoided any drops or dings. I have a cheap folio case mainly to provide grip but am awaiting the Otterbox case for protection. Sadly I'm afraid that I'm going to buy a lesser case like the Hard Candy Street Skin because it seems that Otterbox can't get its case into production.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thin metal would almost definitely dent at the very least. My iPhone did, back in the day.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been very cautious with the iPad and have, so far, avoided any drops or dings. I have a cheap folio case mainly to provide grip but am awaiting the Otterbox case for protection. Sadly I'm afraid that I'm going to buy a lesser case like the Hard Candy Street Skin because it seems that Otterbox can't get its case into production.

Let me know how you like it. I got a bundle thingy off of Amazon for $27/ I really really want it to come today!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll surely report when I get it installed. From all I've read and seen, it looks to be the most rugged.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Hard Candy Street skin should be pretty good. I have the Hard Candy Sleek skin which is thinner than the Street skin. My iPad fell onto its side edge and hit an empty wire shelving bin when I accidentally knocked the iPad off my desk. I thought I'd get a dent for sure, but the Sleek skin provided enough cushion.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Purple ~

I see that you have the Invisible Shield that goes on the front of your iPad. Does that protect it you were to drop it? Again?:p Was it expensive?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Hard Candy Street skin should be pretty good. I have the Hard Candy Sleek skin which is thinner than the Street skin. My iPad fell onto its side edge and hit an empty wire shelving bin when I accidentally knocked the iPad off my desk. I thought I'd get a dent for sure, but the Sleek skin provided enough cushion.

Excellent! That's exactly the information I need to place an order! Thanks.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I droped mine from my bed about a 3 foot drop there was a nice quite indent on on the outside frame and also had dead pixels crossing the screen on the side of the dent...

Most reactions

Latest posts