What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good news?

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it drops this weekend I'll have my JB'd iPad, and this dude will have to adress me as King Afide. I cannot think of a better scenario :] lol

OP
Gamingipad

Gamingipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IT WILL BE RELEASED THIS SUNDAY

10/10/10

p0sixninja just announced it on his twitter!!!!!

3 days left guys. 3 days left ...

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoooo, Macmee I think you have to address me by my new title now.

deaffob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this bootrom JB is unpatchable by apple? That means that we won't have to worry about JBing again with every patch coming out? I'd like that cause I don't want to install every app I installed with JB again and again with every patch.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they said it's unpatchable but haven't they did stuff, like Xbox360 and PS3, where they updated the firmware to not access that bootrom or parts of it? thus you still had to find new methods of breaking in...at least that's what I thought Microsoft and Sony did with their consoles, besides the reproduction models where they changed the hardware.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do we know if this is gonna be a tethered or untethered jb yet?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they said it's unpatchable but haven't they did stuff, like Xbox360 and PS3, where they updated the firmware to not access that bootrom or parts of it? thus you still had to find new methods of breaking in...at least that's what I thought Microsoft and Sony did with their consoles, besides the reproduction models where they changed the hardware.
I don't think it is possible to not utilize the bootrom on the ipad/iphone.

Now it is possible that Apple could release a firmware update that looks for whatever the new jailbreak does as it loads... and if it finds it halts.

But since the bootrom exploit would still be there, it would just mean they would modify the jb so it then does something different that is not caught by the above check.

The bottom line is that the bootrom exploit means code can be run right at the boot-up process. Only way Apple can stop that is by patching the exploit on new devices, not those already in the field. :)

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts