What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Wish List (BFS)

TommyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No friend requests!

Greetings, Dragonvale addicts! The purpose of this thread is for us to post our wishes, suggestions, and hopes for future Dragonvale updates! The hope is that BFS will find this thread and maybe incoporate some of our suggestions to this game we all love (love to put in the top-grossing apps spot; you;re welcome, Backflip).

Thread rules:
• No friend requests! There's a thread for that.
• No game tips and tricks! There's a thread for that.
• No long off-topic discussions or announcements. See above.
• No rare breeding tips! There's a thread for that.

That out of the way, I think we all look forward to seeing your thoughts and ideas for making this cool game even better! With luck (or a Clover Dragon), the fancy bigwigs as Backflip Studios will peruse this thread, get ideas, and think we're neato! Cuz we are!

Okay, I'll start the discussion off with a couple of ideas.

1) Better Friends List
We would love to be able to sort our friends list. It's maddening to send gems or go on visits and have the darned thing randomly shuffle itself in the middle of what you're doing! I understand that the random factor is cool, and makes for fun surprises, and encourages visiting. But isn't that what the Visit Random Park button is for? We would really appreciate either it being completely static, or being able to sort it ourselves (by name, level, etc.).

2) Park Entry Options
It would be great if we could choose which warp-in point a person started out at when visiting our islands (or when we fire up the app). I know that it seems to default to the first island, which makes sense, but that's also the island that the Epic Breeding Cave attaches to, which doesn't always work out esthetically with what we put on that island. It's a huge pain to move everything to another island if you're really concerned with the first glimpse visitors have of your park!

3) Object Orientation
We would really love to be able to rotate the decorations, habitats, and buildings on our islands. Even just in 90-degree increments. I know that it would require a second or third drawing per object, but that doesn't really seem like a ton of work from my viewpoint. You could just do front and back, mirrors of both, to get your four views. But it would be really really nice to be able to force the doorway to your thatched roof cottage actually face the road! Or be able to enter the Colosseum from a different entryway. This would really, really help us to individualise our parks, open up a lot of opportunities. We're not talking about making everything a 360 3D model; after all, it already does not bug us to see the dragons magically, instantly flip from right to left as they prowl their habs.

4) Rearrange Islands
It might be fun to be able to rearrange the layout of our islands. Maybe make them all a circle, and attach the Epic Breeding Island to a different one, or put it in the middle of them all. I dunno. Would be neat.

5) Super Habitats
This one is pretty straightforward - bigger habitats that hold more dragons or even just more cash (I'm looking at you, Large Plant Habitat!).

Okay, DV Addicts. Time to add your own ideas to the wishlist. Let's see what you got.

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TommyB said:
No friend requests!

Greetings, Dragonvale addicts! The purpose of this thread is for us to post our wishes, suggestions, and hopes for future Dragonvale updates! The hope is that BFS will find this thread and maybe incoporate some of our suggestions to this game we all love (love to put in the top-grossing apps spot; you;re welcome, Backflip).

Thread rules:
• No friend requests! There's a thread for that.
• No game tips and tricks! There's a thread for that.
• No long off-topic discussions or announcements. See above.
• No rare breeding tips! There's a thread for that.

That out of the way, I think we all look forward to seeing your thoughts and ideas for making this cool game even better! With luck (or a Clover Dragon), the fancy bigwigs as Backflip Studios will peruse this thread, get ideas, and think we're neato! Cuz we are!

Okay, I'll start the discussion off with a couple of ideas.

1) Better Friends List
We would love to be able to sort our friends list. It's maddening to send gems or go on visits and have the darned thing randomly shuffle itself in the middle of what you're doing! I understand that the random factor is cool, and makes for fun surprises, and encourages visiting. But isn't that what the Visit Random Park button is for? We would really appreciate either it being completely static, or being able to sort it ourselves (by name, level, etc.).

2) Park Entry Options
It would be great if we could choose which warp-in point a person started out at when visiting our islands (or when we fire up the app). I know that it seems to default to the first island, which makes sense, but that's also the island that the Epic Breeding Cave attaches to, which doesn't always work out esthetically with what we put on that island. It's a huge pain to move everything to another island if you're really concerned with the first glimpse visitors have of your park!

3) Object Orientation
We would really love to be able to rotate the decorations, habitats, and buildings on our islands. Even just in 90-degree increments. I know that it would require a second or third drawing per object, but that doesn't really seem like a ton of work from my viewpoint. You could just do front and back, mirrors of both, to get your four views. But it would be really really nice to be able to force the doorway to your thatched roof cottage actually face the road! Or be able to enter the Colosseum from a different entryway. This would really, really help us to individualise our parks, open up a lot of opportunities. We're not talking about making everything a 360 3D model; after all, it already does not bug us to see the dragons magically, instantly flip from right to left as they prowl their habs.

4) Rearrange Islands
It might be fun to be able to rearrange the layout of our islands. Maybe make them all a circle, and attach the Epic Breeding Island to a different one, or put it in the middle of them all. I dunno. Would be neat.

5) Super Habitats
This one is pretty straightforward - bigger habitats that hold more dragons or even just more cash (I'm looking at you, Large Plant Habitat!).

Okay, DV Addicts. Time to add your own ideas to the wishlist. Let's see what you got.

I really like the sound of that last one, how about another element like metal for more dragons. I've seen that one before:)

GCID tristan97tfj :) 8)(without the smileys)

kl005204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) to have dragon guilds. one by one fight in coliseum, or a team fight something like 3 vs 3. win battle get more gems.
2) Trade function... some have super rare dragons. or holidays dragon that can be trade with something else such as gems.
3) instead of waiting the coliseum to finish fighting some of us forget or not in time to select finish battle. so the cycles become late. can have some friends help to finish off the battle. or finish of a breeding. (but we cannot initiate new battle in colisseum and cannot breed another pair)
4) Have more quest.. now the quest is getting lesser. can have something like more challenging quest all can get extra gems after quest complete.
5) new dragons new habitat.

6) instead of bronze silver, gold shrine add another one titanium. Level 20 above.
7) food consumption for all dragons must be less 50% in order to reach level 20 above...current food consumption too high.. very hard to achieve.

OP
TommyB

TommyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, food above 20 would be ridiculous!
Definitely want more achievments or goals.

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to be able to change the way things face and also the and others gave you gems needs sorting badly these have been discussed before are you listening BFS the gem notifications need fixing so we can return gems faithfully

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Larger Plant habitat with a much higher cap.

Rainbow habitat to house multiple dragons.

Being able to set time for gems reload to gift that does not change.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
7) food consumption for all dragons must be less 50% in order to reach level 20 above...current food consumption too high.. very hard to achieve.

An alternative to 7 is to have the coin production increase at the same rate. At the moment the food required to level up increases exponentially while the earnings increase linearly. Exponential earnings, above Level 15 might be good.

VeeLund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragons of a nightime celestial bent, like black or blue with stars or galaxy patterns....metal dragons would be cool too!

karma_musings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Y'all have hit most of my top wishes. Another: it would be nice to be able to message friends within the game w/notes like "love your park" "I sent you a gem" "thx for gem you sent me" etc etc. And, I'd love to be able to click on a dragon when visiting a friend's park and find out its name and level, perhaps.

Ivanabot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
karma_musings said:
Y'all have hit most of my top wishes. Another: it would be nice to be able to message friends within the game w/notes like "love your park" "I sent you a gem" "thx for gem you sent me" etc etc. And, I'd love to be able to click on a dragon when visiting a friend's park and find out its name and level, perhaps.

I love the idea of being able to message friends within the game, great ideas!

OP
TommyB

TommyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Along these lines, it would be great to be able to stick signs in our parks, maybe a little tiny speech bubble indicating that we've attached a blurb to a particular item. Tap on it while visiting and the blurb pops up for you to read. SimCity 2000 had these signs you could plunk down. They didn't affect gamelay, but you could like name burroughs and suburbs and hills and ponds and stuff.

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a Gem tree. How about a Gift tree? I would like to be able to gift a dragon to any one in my friends list. I have been able to breed 2 of each of the rare dragons and these are in my HC. I have done this in the hope that a gift of a dragon will become a reality. I started playing after the bone and ghost dragons were released. With the option of a gift, I may have the chance of adding one to my park (that is unless you add them again).

Also, I would pay gems for letters of the alphabet. I would like to put my 'signature' on my islands.

Love the new dragons, but we need more habitats please. I have way too many dragons in my HC. This will further help in our quest as we level up.

I have also noticed when there is a new dragon in the market it takes a while for the wizards notification to appear. Would it be possible to receive instant notification. This would be really helpful, especially when the race is on for rare limited edition dragons - the LYD.

I love this game, and I am grateful for any new dragons that come into the market. That BFS - love your work.

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a Gem tree. How about a Gift tree? I would like to be able to gift a dragon to any one in my friends list. I have been able to breed 2 of each of the rare dragons and these are in my HC. I have done this in the hope that a gift of a dragon will become a reality. I started playing after the bone and ghost dragons were released. With the option of a gift, I may have the chance of adding one to my park (that is unless you add them again).

Also, I would pay gems for letters of the alphabet. I would like to put my 'signature' on my islands.

Love the new dragons, but we need more habitats please. I have way too many dragons in my HC. This will further help in our quest as we level up.

I have also noticed when there is a new dragon in the market it takes a while for the wizards notification to appear. Would it be possible to receive instant notification. This would be really helpful, especially when the race is on for rare limited edition dragons - the LYD.

I love this game, and I am grateful for any new dragons that come into the market. Thanks BFS - love your work.
Also, one more thing for our friends at BFS. Love the panlong because it has 4 elements. Could you please release a new dragon with the other elements that are missing from the panlong. Again, if you combine the elements into one new dragon, it will assist us in our quest towards our shrines. The less mony we need to spend on feeding our dragons is a bonus for us...thanks for listening BFS. Again, love your work.

Most reactions