What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do you keep your ipad with you at all time now

tpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I,m a major redneck,really! Most folks look at me and figure I can't spell computer, let alone use one.

That said, I carry mine everywhere, along with my WiFi unit. I've had several employees and customers use my wifi for in the field searches for looking up info on equipment specs etc.

They love it, one enviro engineer even left on his lunch break to buy his own iPad.

I also use the presentation software to show the start to finish progress of some projects.

The ability to go online so quickly, to look for specs, regulations or needed supplies is just amazing. After all these years waiting on a laptop to boot/come out of hibernation, or trying to read a smart phone screen, I'm thinking one of my best tech purchases ever!

Ymmv!

nzahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Captkirk......check out these ipad leather covers on senacases.com....they have beautiful portfolios that DO have slots for credit cards, business cards..ect. They are preorders at this time but to be shipped 5/20....they also have 20% off discounts if you search sena discounts......check it out!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Captkirk......check out these ipad leather covers on senacases.com....they have beautiful portfolios that DO have slots for credit cards, business cards..ect. They are preorders at this time but to be shipped 5/20....they also have 20% off discounts if you search sena discounts......check it out!

Nazar

Thanks for that lead. The Seana Cases are very nice, also a bit pricey. It looks like they make a top quality product. I bookmarked mark the link, the price is holding me back but heck, I might spring for it:p. I'll keep ys posted

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take mine with me all the time along with my nexus one for my wifi hotspot since i only own the wifi model. In the beginning i was a little iffy but got more and more comfortable with having it around. I have caught myself asking where the iPad was while i was already on it. :p it's really become an extension of my body as you can say :). And everyone seems to just think i love it just cause it a cool new piece of tech. But it's a love deeper than that!

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to me we have reach the so called star trek level of computer use ..i use the thing all the time for diff things ..the only time it not with me is the bed and the shower and the bathroom ..i have other things to read in the bathroom for keeping myself from becomeing to used to the tech world ..

i carry thing with me like a mom carries a child for it become a part of my daily life ..when i need to look up a book i get on the unit and look it and tell if own it or not ..plus trying to read the iphone screen was hard enough as it was..

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kind of interesting - I just completed a little project where I nuked most of my podcasts and replaced them with video podcasts. So the iPad is changing the way I get information.

nzahr

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nazar

Thanks for that lead. The Seana Cases are very nice, also a bit pricey. It looks like they make a top quality product. I bookmarked mark the link, the price is holding me back but heck, I might spring for it:p. I'll keep ys posted

A bit pricey agreed.....but then I thought what the heck...spent all that $$ on the ipad itself why not go for the "gusto" with it's cover (although this will not be my first cover) but I did like the fact that it has the c/c slots ect......keep me posted if you "spring":)

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I haven't left the house since I got it on preorder mail day! LOL Pretty bad, but true.

I'm nervous to bring mine out with me before I get a case or something for it. If I ignore that feeling and take it out and it gets scratched I'll be ticked. All that to say, I WILL take mine with me all over, just not yet.

:)

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep mine with me about 80% of the time. At work, etc. The only time I don't take it is shopping.

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone thinks we bought this because it is the next cool thing from apple.

Wait... That's not why we bought it? :D

Mine hasn't left the house yet mainly because i don't have a case yet. I ordered a Marware iPad Vue case and it is due to ship on Tuesday. I work from home so my iPad has been with me all around the house. My family think I'm nuts ;)

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't been taking my iPad with me anywhere yet since I don't have a case yet. Have a bag coming from Waterfield designs and am waiting on a cover from Apple. Am going to the mall this week and am planning to go to the Apple store since my cover isn't due to ship till the 20th. Don't want to wait that long to keep my iPad with me when I am on the go. I am truly addicted.

Indyrobb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully my case will come this week so i can take it out with me more. Still waiting for my shipping notification from m-edge. When it has traveled with me i took the box it came in ... Needless to say that added a lot of unnecessary bulk. :p

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely! Since I got my hands on my very own iPad, I always bring it everywhere I go because it is easy for me to do so. It only weighs 1.5 pounds and you don't have to bring along with it the long wires that you do with the laptop.

Most reactions

Latest posts