What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completely unacceptable ipad2, complete unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a ram issue on the iPad2. Because Apple wanted to hit the price point of $499, they decided to skimp on the ram. They weren't going to skimp on the screen or the overall SoC. Because they cheaped out on the ram, you have to always keep in mind what is running in the background and how many tabs you have open currently in the browser. Believe me, if you are having issues with safari, you are not going to be happier with Atomic or one of the other third party browsers. These browsers add features, not smoothness.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad original had no issues with scrolling through the web site. I have seen that issue more with iPadForums taking a long time scrolling than with that site. Sometimes the problem is with the servers between the user and the site.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tremblayd said:
i give the ipad 2 a 9/10

I give it a 100/10. I went to work without it today and felt naked.
I was Joansing.

64GB 3G White iPad

Reaction score
well its back. what a piece of garbage. faster my &$% apple.

for $600 i get this BS?

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303446486.006951.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303446486.006951.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 163

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a ram issue on the iPad2. Because Apple wanted to hit the price point of $499, they decided to skimp on the ram. They weren't going to skimp on the screen or the overall SoC. Because they cheaped out on the ram, you have to always keep in mind what is running in the background and how many tabs you have open currently in the browser. Believe me, if you are having issues with safari, you are not going to be happier with Atomic or one of the other third party browsers. These browsers add features, not smoothness.

This sounds like you are stating a fact over your opinion. Any links for facts?

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say, mine does the same. I even closed down all other web pages, and one page that was already loaded still had the grey areas when scrolling. Is this really bad then?

Do other users with iPad 2's not have this problem? Does it also depend on the page and how much MB it might hold?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds like you are stating a fact over your opinion. Any links for facts?

What? Its obvious. They used an amazing SoC, a VERY good quality screen, and they only included 512mb of ram. You figure it out. They had to save money somewhere, and they probably figured out that 512mb of ram was plenty for a vast majority of applications/games for this generation. Had they included 1gb of ram, you would not see those issues with the browser at all.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say, mine does the same. I even closed down all other web pages, and one page that was already loaded still had the grey areas when scrolling. Is this really bad then?

Do other users with iPad 2's not have this problem? Does it also depend on the page and how much MB it might hold?

Everyone has this "problem". It does depend on the page and how much content it holds, especially if there are a lot of photos, as to the severity of the checkerboarding. Also, anyone saying that they don't have this problem on an original iPad is flat out not telling the truth. Don't know why a person would make something like that up, but to each their own.

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodo. I love my iPad. It's not a big deal as you say. I just like to know.

iPads rock. Let's face facts.

pdxgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a failed troll attempt.

64GB 3G White iPad

I dont know why you would call this a troll attempt when multiple people are saying the same thing, and he even posted a video of the issue.

I see more fanboyism than trolling in this thread. With the moderators even stepping into it a bit. I would think they would try to be a bit more uhhh... moderate.

I love my iPad 2, but this is definitely on my list of complaints with the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts