What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completely unacceptable ipad2, complete unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what drives me nuts on the ipad 2 and to be its completely unacceptable. I thought this thing was suppose to be 2x faster with 9x faster graphics? Sounds like rubbish to me apple. Ive tried this on 3 ipads and all are the same and its not my internet connection cause this happens on all 4 wifi networks ivve been on thus far. so im guessing its normal.

As you can see in the video, the webpage is completely loaded, fast scrolling or slow scrolling it doesnt matter. Doesnt matter what site, it happens on all, all the time. For a $700 device, you would think it wouldnt do this. I mean do our computers do it? Maybe ones from 1992 running Pentium 2 CPUs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3LbZnaMeU]YouTube - MVI 4027[/ame]

Last edited:

pphmmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
something strange there with your ipad2. Mine ipad2 doesn't do this. after webpage is loaded everything is ok.

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what drives me nuts on the ipad 2 and to be its completely unacceptable. I thought this thing was suppose to be 2x faster with 9x faster graphics? Sounds like rubbish to me apple. Ive tried this on 3 ipads and all are the same and its not my internet connection cause this happens on all 4 wifi networks ivve been on thus far. so im guessing its normal.

As you can see in the video, the webpage is completely loaded, fast scrolling or slow scrolling it doesnt matter. Doesnt matter what site, it happens on all, all the time. For a $700 device, you would think it wouldnt do this. I mean do our computers do it? Maybe ones from 1992 running Pentium 2 CPUs.

I have to agree. The Xoom I had didn't do this, and if it was able to load/scroll as fast as it did, then surely the ipad should be able to do it also. I'm sure others are more familiar with the "why's/how's" as to why Apple set it this way, but it's my understanding they did it so the initial page would load immediately. But, geez, aren't people going to scroll???

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dunno. mine certainly doesnt give 'blank' caching like that. have you tried finding out the problem/solution first before jumping to the conclusion it's crap?

Im jumping to conclusions? Im pissed off and rightfully so because this is marketing bologne on part of apple. my sisters ipad 1 doesnt do this. Ive tried 3 brand new ipads and every one has done this, no matter what site. Ive tried clearing the cache and internet memory on all of them.

When you pay $700, you would think the device would perform better than a 1991 computer running off 8bit graphics. If I cant fix this, then i will refund this piece of garbage and keep the playbook, which doesnt have this problem what so ever and runs much faster. I have both in my hands right now and the blackberry is seamless for everything.

Proof
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72rGDUn2uo[/ame]

It depends on the website. If it includes images fast scrolling usually result in visible reloads.

For comparison purposes, could you post the website address you browsed in the video?

www.hfboards.com. You need to any site that has a lengthy page on it so a good amount of scrolling is available.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
well the fact this isn't a common problem means there's an issue for you (obviously). this is unfortunate, especially as your previous devices all do the same. sorry to hear it :(

but the fact it isn't a common problem wide issue and the ipad 1 also doesnt do this says to me you have issues and not the general release has issues :(

those links you posted scroll perfect for me

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website doesn't have to reload on mine.

Have you tried restarting either Safari, or the iPad? It definitely shouldn't lag as much as it does on your video.

How do you restart safari?

And reset the ipad, you mean as in factory reset? wont i lose everything?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
have you tried closing down all other apps you have running in background memory? closing down all other web pages that are open in the background? all other stuff completely, other than this page you're trying out?

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh ok thanks. Ive rebooted many times before, ill do factory reset then restore to my backup settings. Highly doubt it will work.

A friend of mine confirmed he has this issue as well. He said its crappy safari.

Ive experienced this on 3 brand new ipads. Completely unacceptable quality control on part of Apple.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried your website link on my ipad1 running 4.2.1 jailbroken. with Safari and Icab mobile browser, i had none of the issues you stated or from your vid. the website scrolls perfectly, fast or slow. no blank caching what so ever. it might be something with your device or the firmware version u are running on. did the reset/reboot work for you?
that blackberry playbook blows away ipad or ipad2 in that video. he tried various sites. all loaded/rendered faster on the playbook. plus on the rendering tests, it could be seen how much smoother, faster, and better the playbook was at rendering and javascipt. ipad still better overall though. i would expect newer devices to outdo the ipad in some departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions