What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completely unacceptable ipad2, complete unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue is definitely caused by available, or rather non-available RAM.

On iPad 2, it shouldn't be much of an issue, I can open hfboards.com, swap to Asphalt 6, play a few rounds, swap back to Safari and scroll up and down, as fast as I want and not once does it need to recache

On iPad 1, it is another thing. If the memory is free, it won't have to recache once, when scrolling, regardless of how fast I scroll, but if it runs low on memory, it takes time to reload. I think what happens is, Safari creates a local copy of the website, but only keeps part of it in the RAM, so it takes a while to recache, as it stores the rest off the website on the flash drive.

Anyway, running a deep clean with XSysInfo can fix this issue on both iPad 1&2, as it frees the memory, so Safari keeps the whole website in the RAM, instead of just parts.

Seems strange though. I have a release day ipad, the first thing I did was hook up the wireless and browse a website, and it did it with nothing else loaded except Find Iphone.

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine does that too...it catches up quickly though...doesn't really bother me.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of my iOS devices do that.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well its back. what a piece of garbage. faster my &$% apple.

for $600 i get this BS?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJiqqJaVyz4]YouTube - MVI 4028[/ame]

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, it sucks.

You could not have 9 tabs open, then it would run smoothly.

The pad 2 should be able to handle 9 tabs if thats what safari allows. its not like im running heavily intensive sites here.

What a joke ipad 2 has turned into. Glad im still within the 14 days return policy.

Im on my playbook right now and i have 20 tabs open, email, and 2 games open and it doesnt pull this garbage. No checker boarding what so ever.

poopsie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@tapmyapple if you pm me your email I can send you some tricks to try. But you'll have to open it on the playbook so you can do these things on the iPad. Oh wait, forgot about the whole email thing on playbook :)

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@tapmyapple if you pm me your email I can send you some tricks to try. But you'll have to open it on the playbook so you can do these things on the iPad. Oh wait, forgot about the whole email thing on playbook :)

My email works fine on my playbook thx.

testerdennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple if you are not happy with it then return it. You have vented now move on, not everyone's having the problem that you are so maybe it is just the unit that you have.

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed that tapmyapple will be happier by returning the iPad. Why keep something if all you can do is complain about it? Makes no sense - go with whatever pleases you.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple if you are not happy with it then return it. You have vented now move on, not everyone's having the problem that you are so maybe it is just the unit that you have.

Yep.

Agreed that tapmyapple will be happier by returning the iPad. Why keep something if all you can do is complain about it? Makes no sense - go with whatever pleases you.

Yep again.:D

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok ok, well i was recommended another browser called atomic by a good friend of mine. He said theres no checker boarding with that browser so im going to give that a go for a bit more.

In the meantime i have to return my 3hr old playbook cause it just died on me. Uhhh.

When i went in today to buy it, the demo unit at best buy had this problem but i took it with a grain of salt lol.

I asked the guy if hes had any returned yet and he pointed to the back room behind him. I saw 6 returned stacked up against the wall.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts