What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bricked iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen reports of Bricked iPads while using spiritjb to jail break?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked great for me, I guess it's what you do after installing it. You can always restore if you need to.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, works great.

iPhones only can brick, because they are typically carrier locked and have special modem firmware, which binds the iPhone to that specific carrier.

The iPad is unlocked and therefore can't brick. The jailbreak itself can always be removed by restoring the firmware to the iPad.

Spirit is fine - no worries.

Gazuga6176

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And don't confuse a botched jail breaking with bricking. I think a lot of people experience this problem. When I first jailbreaked mine, iTunes started syncing, which I canceled, which screwed me into a restore. Just let spirit, iTunes do it's thing and all is well!! NO TOUCHING

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And don't confuse a botched jail breaking with bricking. I think a lot of people experience this problem. When I first jailbreaked mine, iTunes started syncing, which I canceled, which screwed me into a restore. Just let spirit, iTunes do it's thing and all is well!! NO TOUCHING

I had the same thing happen to me. Accidently left iTunes open when I ran the jailbreak. my iPad ended up stuck at a loading screen. Restored everything, turned off itunes and disabled the "automatically start iTunes" feature, and everything ran perfectly. Still trying to find some good apps though that work on the iPad.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since this thing is 'magical', I don't want to mess around with the supernatural power of Apple.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still debating on jailbreaking my 32 wifi. Is there any apps thats in cydia that was rejected by apple worth noting?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
- Backgrounder (sort of Multitasking)
- SBSsettings (access all major settings, i.e. Wifi on/off, brightness control, etc. w/o leaving your current app)
- and a bunch of "nice looking" design templates for the overall look and feel

justcharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.19thstep.com

Gazuga, how did you restore your iPad after getting stuck at the loading screen? I have the exact same problem - iTunes was running while I was Spirit. Stuck at the Apple icon start screen and iTunes stops responding if the two are connected. Greatly appreciate your help-

mk1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gazuga, how did you restore your iPad after getting stuck at the loading screen? I have the exact same problem - iTunes was running while I was Spirit. Stuck at the Apple icon start screen and iTunes stops responding if the two are connected. Greatly appreciate your help-

To put the iPad into recovery mode, hold down the home and sleep button for 20-25 seconds (the shut down screen will appear but keep holding down the two buttons) When the apple appears, let go of the sleep button. It will then ask you to connect your iPad to itunes.

Connect your iPad to iTunes and it should restore the device.

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score

+1...

latro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably wait to open mine up. Want to make sure there are apps that work with the iPad that make the effort worth it.

Anyone found awesome apps they can't live without yet?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably wait to open mine up. Want to make sure there are apps that work with the iPad that make the effort worth it.

Anyone found awesome apps they can't live without yet?

All the popular apps are already available online in ***********.

Jailbreak and load ***********. The drop and drag cracked apps into iTunes.

Please don't discuss illegal activity here. Next time it's an official warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts