What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Ipad 2 is bricked. RedSnow doesnt support Ipad 2

showbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have realized that my ipad isnt bricked but it is doing the apple logo boot over and over again. In my last reply below I found out what file I deleted since my Ipad 2 WiFi has been booting over n over.

Before you read below. My uncle has a Bricked IPhone 4 and he uses Red Snow to boot it up but Red Snow doesnt support Ipad 2. Is there any other sort of program that would be able to boot my Ipad 2 like how my uncle does with his Iphone 4? My ipad 2 is bricked and I cant find anything to fix it. I cant restore in recovery, dfu or anything. I am positive if I can find a program similar to red snow that can boot my ipad 2 up then it will resolve it but RedSnow only supports Ipad 1.

Ok here is what happened

I currently have IOS 4.3.3 but I woke up today to find out that my cydia app is no longer there. I googled what I could do to fix that and it said to delete a file under the var/mobile/ in the ipad jailbreak directory. I did that and ever since I deleted it my Ipad has been Bricked. It will turn on at the Apple Logo and then it will just get stuck there. After a while it will reboot and get stuck at the Apple Logo again.

I have tried to Restore in DFU and it doesnt work. I tried to Restore to 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 but it still doesnt work. IT will give me this error "An unknown error occurred (3194)" I clicked on the link for more info and it suggest to try on another Computer and I tried it on my Dads Mac Book and it gives me the same error.

So is there anyway to unbrick my Ipad 2? Reps for anyone who can help me. Because I really need this to be unbricked. I have downloaded Red Snow but it says Ipad 2 isnt compatible with redsnow.

If you have aim and can guide me through that would be perfect.

Last edited:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Do you have your 4.3.3 blobs saved?? Are you on iPad 2 3G or wifi only, the techies on here need more info to sort out your problem!

Check the stickies in the hacking section if your slightly confused. Don't google the net.....come on here and search then ask......someone will always help......and the info is true!!

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, first off, don't use the term "bricked". That means a device has been irreversibly broken and no matter what you do you will never get it working. i.e. it is a brick. It is impossible to brick an iPad or an iPhone4. There is always a way to restore it unless the hardware itself is at fault. In your case you just need to fix the problems with your setup.

Second, never go deleting things off an iPad using iFile unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing. You certainly didn't get an advice from this site to delete a file off your JB iPad2 to fix a problem with it.

If you have an iPad2 3G model, the bad news is you have now lost your jailbreak for the time being. You will have to restore to IOS 5.0 which cannot be jailbroken yet. There is NO ALTERNATIVE to this...

If you have an iPad2 WiFi only, there is a chance you will be able to restore to 4.3.3, but only if you have saved SHSH Blobs. Since you are getting the 3194 error, it sounds like you don't have them, but this process will check...

So, the first thing to do is follow this tutorial EXACTLY AS IT IS WRITTEN. Follow every step. Then let us know what firmware versions appear in the list AND what model iPad2 you have. (3G or WiFi only).

From there I can easily advise you on how to restore your iPad to a working state.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Please follow the steps exactly. The settings I outline in the tutorial are very important and will resolve the 3194 error later in the process, so don't miss a step.

Last edited:
OP
S

showbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 is a WiFi version. I had firmware 4.3.3 and have tried to restore it on 4.3.3, 4.3.5 and 5.09. I have tried to restore my Ipad in DFU on all 3 firmwares but get errors. Read below for what happens. I found out what file I deleted and that was when my Ipad 2 started the infinite apple logo reboot.

I deleted this file this was taken from the link below where I thought deleting it would restore cydia but boy was I wrong.
com.apple.mobile.installation.plist in /var/mobile/Library/Caches
Help: Cydia disappeared from my iPad - JailbreakQA
that is where I found it and ever since then was when my Ipad started doing the Apple Logo Reboot over and over again.

I have tried to put my Ipad into DFU mode to restore but it just gives me error after error. I downloaded IOS 5 like what someone earlier suggested but it would be giving me random errors. I look up the errors to fix it such as 2005 which I was told to put the USB into the main hub and then it gives me another error.

I resolved the 3194 error by editing my hosts but then I still get other errors which will change depending what firmware I try to restore it to. My Ipad will be restoring then it will get stuck at the Preparing Ipad for restore and my Ipad 2 will be stuck on a white screen for about 5 minutes then it will give me an error. ussually a 1600 or 1000 error. The IOS 5 will give me a 2000s error.

I used Iphone Explorer to get into my Ipad 2 and was wondering if I would be able to put that file back in that location using that program and if I can where I would be able to download it. I also have downloaded the tiny umbrella I have version 5.00.12a. When I connect my Ipad it doesnt show a connection like how it does in the tutorial since its stuck at the apple logo it doesnt even appear on my TinyUmbrella but if I put it in DFU mode it will show up on itunes. My uncles Iphone does the reboot apple logo also but then he can use redsnow to boot it but redsnow doesnt support the ipad 2.

I realized my ipad isnt bricked but it is doing the Apple Logo boot over and over again. T

Last edited:
OP
S

showbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a redsnow or IREB like program for Ipad 2 cant find anywhere. bring to apple?

Ok my IPAD 2 is stuck on the Apple Logo and wont boot up. It will just get stuck and reboot and do that over and over until there is no more battery.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/52277-help-ipad-2-bricked-redsnow-doesnt-support-ipad-2-a.html#post357496

I have tried looking for a program like redsnow or Ireb that will be able to boot my Ipad 2 through the tethered boot. My uncles Iphone 4 had the same problem and he used red snow to boot it up to get past it. Unfortunately the Ipad 2 isnt supported by Ireb4, Redsnow or ANY program that has to do with jailbreaking that can boot my ipad 2.

This is starting to piss me off I havent been able to use my Ipad for almost a week because of this and no program works for the Ipad 2. I have googled everything on how to fix it and i cant find a single program to fix this problem. Even putting the Ipad 2 in DFU mode I cannot restore my Ipad. I get the same errors over and over again. Such as 3194, then I edit the hosts to bypass that. Then I will get another error like 1600s, 2000s, or 21.

I cannot restore my Ipad now and even when I try restoring to IOS5 it still wont work. I also tried Tiny Umbrella and since my Ipad 2 is stuck I cant even view my old SHSH's. Any help would be appreciated.

I want to bring it to the apple store but I am afraid that since it is Jailbroken that they will not fix it or void my warranty. Does anyone have experience with bringing in an iphone itouch or ipad thats jailbroken to an apple store. Will they fix it for me or will they just tell me too bad since I jailbroke it. My ipad wont even boot so they wont be able to see its jailbroken unless they can check another way.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have merged your other thread with this one. They are both in the Hacking Section now. Please try to refrain from starting a new thread, but keep adding to this one.

Good Luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts