What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bricked iPad??

antisomnic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the iOS 5 beta 7 on my iPad also jailbroke it with sn0wbreeze. Booted it jailbroken with iBooty and went to install some stuff. Hit "Restart Device" in Cydia thinking it would just boot with none of the jailbroken apps working and that I could DFU it and boot it again with iBooty. It now only does the apple logo, recovery mode, or a blank screen no matter what I do with the home and power button. During any of this it will not connect to my computer at all with the usb cord connected. Did I brick it?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is impossible to brick an iPad.
You have a tethered jailbreak, so if you have an app that is patched into the kernel, the iPad will not boot on it's own.
Plug into iTunes, and run ibooty to boot iPad. Just follow ibooty's instructions no matter what the iPad does.

OP
A

antisomnic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well it asks me to put it into DFU mode which I can't seem to do because If I press the power and home button it just brings up the apple logo and it just sits there

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well it asks me to put it into DFU mode which I can't seem to do because If I press the power and home button it just brings up the apple logo and it just sits there

Press and hold power and home for 10 seconds. Then release power but keep holding home for 15 seconds or until ibooty recognizes the iPad.
This will ALWAYS work no matter what state your iPad is in.

Most reactions

Latest posts