What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please assist, posisble jailbreak ipad 2 bricked due to mum and small dog

winzentween101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my mum has an ipad 2 jailbroken which I did for her as she is basically too poor to aford stuff and the dog jumped up when an update prompt appeared and it startled her and though she knew not to, she pressed yes.
So she came to me really upset as she knew that was the one thing I asked her never to do...as it possibly brick her ipad and only computer etc.

I have had a look and it had that silly itune logo on it so I used the pc and itunes to access it (so not bricked yet) and it now says that to restore the ipad it wants to update to 7.1 :?
And I am thinking that 7.1 is not yet jailbroken untethered etc.?

So currently she has no pc or net access and all her photos and life are locked in the ipad.
Also I am worried that all my stuff on there will be lost including save games and countless software apps etc.

CAn anyone advise.
Do I have to update to restore.....?
Will updating brick the ipad2 ?
Will we loose everything either way?

CAn it be jailbroken again at this time?

Thank you to anyone kind and knowledgable to offer help as she is distraught and I am a little lost after being out of 'this' for a year or so.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. What version is her iPad when it was still jailbreaked? You can use iLex Rat to restore the iPad without updating.

2. It will not brick when you update it. You also cannot update it when it is in iOS 7.0 and is jailbreaked by Evasi0n7.

3. You can make a back-up for it. Since you can still connect it to iTunes, you can make a back-up.

OP
W

winzentween101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i believe it is firmware 5 and was Evasi0n7.
So what should we do now please ?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi i believe it is firmware 5 and was Evasi0n7.
So what should we do now please ?

You can use iLex Rat. It will restore your iPad but still keep your jailbreak. Although I am not sure if it will work, or it may make matters worse.

If you don't want to risk anything, you can restore to iTunes. You can make a back-up so you won't lose any data.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can access it via iTunes, I recommend you do as suggested and make a backup in iTunes.

Then, try a reset (hold Home and Sleep buttons until you see an Apple logo). See if that helps you access the iPad.

If you can't get access to the iPad - I'm afraid you will have to upgrade it to iOS 7.1 (using iTunes). It won't be jailbreakable, but hopefully, that backup will have saved your photos and such.

You'll still be qble to get ll the apps you've bought/downloaded from the AppStore. So, you won't lose them (you'll haberdasher to download them again). Just maybe some game(s) progress.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts