What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bricked iPad

emergent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think using the Spirit JB bricked my iPad. Yes I know everyone says it can't but my iPad hasn't booted past the Apple logo since I tried using the Spirit JB. It is not recognized by iTunes at all, and trying to put it into recovery mode doesn't work. Not sure what to do since obviously Apple won't service it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think using the Spirit JB bricked my iPad. Yes I know everyone says it can't but my iPad hasn't booted past the Apple logo since I tried using the Spirit JB. It is not recognized by iTunes at all, and trying to put it into recovery mode doesn't work. Not sure what to do since obviously Apple won't service it.

I'm sure a little searching will get a result. Did you disconnect it while running the jailbreak? It literally took mine about six seconds to restart and go to the install screen.

It's really hard to mess up.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please don't discuss illegal activity here. Next time it's an official warning.

Far as i know jailbreak is already illegal …. so close the thread in the forum … that’s just fun talk about one subject but can’t talk clearly …

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Far as i know jailbreak is already illegal …. so close the thread in the forum … that’s just fun talk about one subject but can’t talk clearly …

How is it illegal? Last I checked modifying something you own is perfectly legal. The only difference between cydia and the app store is apple over site.

Downloading stolen apps is the illegal activity I was referring to.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com

How is it illegal? Last I checked modifying something you own is perfectly legal. The only difference between cydia and the app store is apple over site.

Downloading stolen apps is the illegal activity I was referring to.

So you edited a comment because someone said to download an app they didn't pay for? Welcome to the internet. I realize the site owners don't want to look like they are condoning illegal actions, but as with all discussion forums a simple terms of service gives them protection. If you have a place where you openly discuss Jailbreaking I think it is pretty naive to assume and/or hope that the majority of those people are actually paying for all of their content.

Their forums, their rules but it is pretty hilarious and hypocritical to say Jailbreaking is okay but downloading apps isn't. It's like having a forum about guns where you can't mention ammo. It's not illegal to own a gun, it's just illegal to shoot them!

james_bray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont despair....

Dont panic emergent. I thought the same until a few minutes ago. Had intalled Spirit, then decided to get rid and did a "Restore to factory settings" from within the iPad.

Suffice to say it failed miserably and connecting the device to my PC (with or without iTunes) had no effect - it wasnt even picking up a new USB device being added. All the device would do is show that fecking little Apple logo. Hard resets would just turn the device off momentarily, before showing the logo again.

I was about to bin it, thinking perhaps the bootloader had been knackered, but then I tried doing a longer reset (15-20 secs or so) and lo and behold, after redisplaying the Apple logo for a bit, it then showed the "Connect to iTunes logo".

Hurrah! Its now restoring happily and I'm not Ă‚ÂŁ600 down.

James

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a complete firmware restore, run spirit immediately before restoring backup from itunes.. It shud work nicely..

th3r00st3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suffice to say it failed miserably and connecting the device to my PC (with or without iTunes) had no effect - it wasnt even picking up a new USB device being added. All the device would do is show that fecking little Apple logo. Hard resets would just turn the device off momentarily, before showing the logo again.

I was about to bin it, thinking perhaps the bootloader had been knackered, but then I tried doing a longer reset (15-20 secs or so) and lo and behold, after re-displaying the Apple logo for a bit, it then showed the "Connect to iTunes logo".

James

I have the same issue, EXCEPT I do have the connect to itunes screen, but still no indication that the pc is detecting that I plugged in the IPAD. I tired different computers, different OS (mac and PC), different cables..etc.. I held down the sleep\menu button and slid off..no dice, held it for 20-25 seconds till the apple log appeared and released the sleep\wake while still holding the menu each time returning to the Itunes\USB screen, but the systems won't recognize I plugged anything in...any suggestions?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was about to bin it, thinking perhaps the bootloader had been knackered, but then I tried doing a longer reset (15-20 secs or so) and lo and behold, after re-displaying the Apple logo for a bit, it then showed the "Connect to iTunes logo".

James

I have the same issue, EXCEPT I do have the connect to itunes screen, but still no indication that the pc is detecting that I plugged in the IPAD. I tired different computers, different OS (mac and PC), different cables..etc.. I held down the sleep\menu button and slid off..no dice, held it for 20-25 seconds till the apple log appeared and released the sleep\wake while still holding the menu each time returning to the Itunes\USB screen, but the systems won't recognize I plugged anything in...any suggestions?

Some weeks ago i had the same problem, i bring it to the local Apple service center, the restore …. one days after same trouble so i return there and they told me small quantity of iPad have this kind of trouble and they exchange me for a new one …

And now no problem at all

Most reactions

Latest posts