What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Office App?

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, thank you for the advice. The Quickoffice app isn't entirely useless, but, as I stated, Pages and Numbers seem to be better suited for the iPad. That said, for the benefit of the forum I would take a longer and harder look at Quickoffice than I did. Potential purchasers should make certain that it meets their needs—if that is possible.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

daroga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have any updated impressions on any of the programs here?

I need Google Docs support, Dropbox support, .DOC(x) and .XLS(x) support. Powerpoint isn't absolutely necessary but would be nice.

I'm about ready to just flip a coin between D2G and QuickOffice. Has anyone found an up-to-date comparison between them, or what one has feature wise that the other doesn't? It all seems pretty even to me.

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Spracklen,

What about if I never receive the email receipt from Apple? I am very unhappy with the app EXPlayer, I don't think I should be charge for an app that doesn't work as the description... and it has been almost a month give he last updated it -.-;;;

Apple have a fairly generous policy on refunds for apps. Wait until you receive your receipt and then contact the Apple help desk and let them know why this app is unsuitable. Other members have reported that Apple will refund your purchase with a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zzz99 said:
Hi Spracklen,

What about if I never receive the email receipt from Apple? I am very unhappy with the app EXPlayer, I don't think I should be charge for an app that doesn't work as the description... and it has been almost a month give he last updated it -.-;;;

I have had a receipt for every app that I have purchased but if you think that you haven't I would email apple with as much info as possible, your apple ID (but not the password), maybe a screenshot of the app and explain the situation to them.

BTW, Spracklen does sound a bit formal, maybe Mr Spracklen or even Tim might sound a bit better?

The Archangel

siteplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like using Office2HD. For the most part, it's pretty stable. It crashed on me once or twice but it's pretty stable for the most part. I tried QuickOffice but the powerpoint crash all the time and it has some issue handling excel files.

And on top of that, Office2HD now has powerpoint capability.

getmikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you use an app like doc to go where is the document stored an how do you manage the document, send it in an email or transfer it to your computer.

deepakvrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded Office2HD, and it loses date formatting of cells, as well as formulas from one sheet to another. Will Quickoffice work? Reluctant to spend another 15 dollars without some surety.

Why do these apps not have a trial period?

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deepakvrao said:
Just downloaded Office2HD, and it loses date formatting of cells, as well as formulas from one sheet to another. Will Quickoffice work? Reluctant to spend another 15 dollars without some surety.

Why don't you try the app DocsToGo?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
None of the iPad office apps are fully compatible with desktop Microsoft Office.

Just don't expect seamless integration with Office and you will feel less frustrated.

These apps are good for composing small documents which you can then copy and paste in your main desktop office documents.

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both and they both would mess up my "simple invoice template" if I am making change with them.

So I am just using iPad to view file and "zero" editing.

You may try to ask Apple for refund, I did it once for a media player program, it wasn't expensive but I was mad because it doesn't work...

Most reactions

Latest posts