What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

office suite app/MS office reader app for ipad

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I need your recommendation on a good office suite app for ipad (free version is the best). Alternatively, an ipad app able to open and read MS office documents (e.g., doc, xls, etc) with no capability of editing documents fulfills the minimum/basic needs for me (free version pls). Thank you for the help (I couldn't browse through thousands of productivity app at app store).

OP
fiat

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, after some search and reading on other related threads, I decided to go for free CloudOn app. Funny thing is that I was stuck at the beginning: open MS word and instead of showing a Word window with menu on top, it pop out a small window asking to create a new file/type file name with no option for opening a file. The only other option is "cancel" that will close Word. I remember when opening Word, it's window shall open with menu "File" for choosing "New File" or "Open ..." etc. Now to start using CloudOn's Word, it won't give option to open a file? How is this? I sort of reading that CloudOn let users open files on ipad and connected mac which are not stored in DropBox. If open Word (or execel..) gives no option to do so, then how to tell CloudOn to find/open those files not in dropbox? Does it require all files be stored in dropbox ? Can I just use CloudOn for only reading my files which have no need to be stored in dropbox? Thanks for answering my questions.

OP
fiat

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Daniel. I didn't know I have to install dropbox on my mac to transfer/store files from. Now I solved that issue. As of my real need for a ipad app for ms doc viewer, I finally decided to use the free Everreader Pro.

Most reactions

Latest posts