What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office productivity apps

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find myself needing to compose and edit Word documents and soon Excel docs. Will be simple stuff, nothing complex. Also using Dropbox to store the docs to be shared between iPad and PC.

Looks to me like there are 4 different apps to work on Office documents, but does not look like there is a consensus.

On a search the last topic on this forum was a few months ago.

Any advice on some of the newer apps designed to work with office docs?

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Nope. None of them really have it all worked out from what I can tell. I have quickoffice and Office2HD and Keynote. Each of them have the stuff that I like, none of them do it all. I still would spend more to get everything I need.

Depends on what is important to you. Quickoffice works better with 2007 formats. Office2HD has more editing features.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Docs to go and like it. It allows me edit and store documents in the cloud. I have it synced with my google docs account so I can easily access it from the ipad and computer. I have also started using zumocast to pull documents directly from my home computer and import them into docs to go.

OP
C

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided to gonwith Quickoffice for now. Used it on my old Palm device. Seems to meet my needs.

To early to tell if I like it.

Highbred8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keynote blows for ms docs. It doesn't have all the fonts, removes many things from documents with images and stuff in them and I keep getting complaints about the formatting being strange even though I keep it a .doc.

All these apps are around $10 and I'm not going to go and mix and match three apps to get half of what one should do. I know we probably will never see a m.s suit for the ipad and that sucks. They make m.s office for Mac so why not for ios? I would gladly pay $20 or even $30 for a well featured word applications that is comparable to keynote but as word.

I bought this for school and it sucks to have to keep going back to my laptop for things like word processing.

/vent sorry

Most reactions

Latest posts