What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Office App?

ipad1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been researching the best app for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and powerpoints and to me, quickoffice connect mobile suite looks like the overall best. It will allow me to sync with my google docs and dropbox accounts as well. Has anyone had any experience with this app?

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this app nearly every day. I love it. I connect it to by dropbox account. Very useful app.

OP
I

ipad1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you used it yet to sync with google docs? I write a lot of papers using my google docs account

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried all of the office apps and ended up settling with Documents To Go Premium (currently $14.99). It seemed to offer the best compatibility of them all.

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad1992 said:
Have you used it yet to sync with google docs? I write a lot of papers using my google docs account

No, I haven't used it with google docs. I also have Docs to Go Premium, but I like QuickOffice better. Just my opinion.

OP
I

ipad1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will quickoffice allow you to work on your documents offline and then sync it to your google account/dropbox when you are back online?

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad1992 said:
Will quickoffice allow you to work on your documents offline and then sync it to your google account/dropbox when you are back online?

Yes, you can do that.

clemsondave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a stylus to make notes on a .doc or .xls with either of these apps?

I want to be able to show a customer a service agreement, add notes to it and then have them sign the document.

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad1992 said:

No, I haven't used it with google docs. I also have Docs to Go Premium, but I like QuickOffice better. Just my opinion.

Glad I joined this forum. I'm a Apple newbie and getting ton of info from this site!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
netkrazed said:
Glad I joined this forum. I'm a Apple newbie and getting ton of info from this site!

Yeah! This is a great forum. Taught myself everything I know about apple/iOS/iPad from here and hands on. A great place to learn about your device and learn new tricks and features that you might have overlooked.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
clemsondave said:
Is it possible to use a stylus to make notes on a .doc or .xls with either of these apps?

I want to be able to show a customer a service agreement, add notes to it and then have them sign the document.

I'm not sure about that. I convert my files to PDF and then annotate on the PDF. Maybe someone else know the answer.

Reaction score
clemsondave said:

As flttrainer mentioned, converting to PDF and then signing that is a good option. I am also not too sure, whether a signed word document would count as a legal contract. For signing and writing on PDF's, iAnnotate is a very good app.

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
As flttrainer mentioned, converting to PDF and then signing that is a good option. I am also not too sure, whether a signed word document would count as a legal contract. For signing and writing on PDF's, iAnnotate is a very good app.

+1 for iAnnotate. You can then email your document from the app. I use Save2PDF to convert the files to a PDF.

Jwjody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't need to edit MS Office files just Google Docs. Is there a good app that will allow me to do that. Or should I splurge and get DTG Premium?

tjb201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confirm sync capabilities

Just to confirm, you can not only download files from dropbox and google docs, but you can sync back up to them as well? In reading the documentation it says you can pick them up from said services but there is no mention of syncing with them.

Thanks,

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts