What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery draining quicker than expected

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad on Sunday but have only started using it fully on Thursday and today. The battery went down quite quickly after playing around with it a bit from Sunday to Wednesday, but i put this down to it operating on the charge out the box.

I charged it yesterday for around 7 hours while I was out and came back and disconnected it on 100%. I watched some iplayer in bed, messed around on some apps for around 90 mins. This morning I was reading the news on early edition, as well as downloading some comics from the DC app. But I am already down to 52% battery life.

At the moment I am playing a video on iplayer to test the battery life. The screen is at 50% brightness. At 15:46 (GMT) i started the video and the battery said 56%.

At 15:58: 54%
At 16:04: 53%
At 16:06: 52%
At 16:09: 51%

That means that 25 minutes has passed and 5% battery has drained. Does this seem too fast too anyone or is it about normal?

I might try and drain the battery and then charge it overnight and see if that makes any difference.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theoretically, the battery should last for 10 hours... on an odd numbered day in an even numbered month... if all the planets are in proper alignment.

If you just listen to music in the background with the screen off, it will last for days! OTOH, if you are watching videos at full brightness with the volume up all the way while having the mail app check your email every 5 minutes, you'd be lucky to get 10 hours.

OP
Y

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, thinking about it, it has gone down 8% in an hour. If it did that for 10 hours, it would still have battery life left. I think i will disable the battery % so i don't keep looking at it!

Most reactions

Latest posts