What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery draining faster than ever

KyleTheGreat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have an iPad 2 and it's battery all of a sudden has started draining. I have tried turning off bluetooth, turning off EQ, turning down the brightness, disabling wifi when I don't need it and turning off location services for most things. I bet there are so many more threads about battery life but they don't seem to work.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KyleTheGreat said:
So I have an iPad 2 and it's battery all of a sudden has started draining. I have tried turning off bluetooth, turning off EQ, turning down the brightness, disabling wifi when I don't need it and turning off location services for most things. I bet there are so many more threads about battery life but they don't seem to work.

Can you elaborate a little?
How many battery hours do you get,
how old is the iPad?
Was it left on the shelf for a few months in a low charge state (less than 30%).

Lizotr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery draining

Yes this started with my ipad2 last week. Ouse to charge mine every 4-5 days. Now it's daily! Have an appt. with apple store today at 9:00 will let tou know.

OP
KyleTheGreat

KyleTheGreat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
Can you elaborate a little?
How many battery hours do you get,
how old is the iPad?
Was it left on the shelf for a few months in a low charge state (less than 30%).

Sorry I didn't pay attention to how many hours I get but it is 7 months old and I have never left it alone for a period of time

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe killing apps by using the multitasking bar would help, and disabling some notifications.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HardMetalAlchemy said:
Maybe killing apps by using the multitasking bar would help, and disabling some notifications.

Nope that won't help, apps run in a dormant state when in the tasks area, I often leave my Nav app open for days with no battery drain,
wireless , 3G , Bluetooth , brighter screen , are the battery killers

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
Nope that won't help, apps run in a dormant state when in the tasks area, I often leave my Nav app open for days with no battery drain,
wireless , 3G , Bluetooth , brighter screen , are the battery killers

Correct!

Most reactions

Latest posts