What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad battery draining COMPLETELY overnight

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I agree - it's difficult because, in a sense, the iPad needs to be switched on to be able to switch it off!!! OK - how long have you left it charging already? You can charge the iPad, of course, with it switched on but it takes longer.

Tim

rbehrami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have left it charging from 03:00Am until 09:00AM but didn't change anything

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - a few more suggestions. We've had several reports of faulty chargers. Do you have another charger or another cable that you could use? Do you even have an iPhone charger? Do you live near an Apple Store, so that you could take the iPad in and see if it's a charger problem?

Tim

rbehrami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeas i have an iphone charger but iphone charger has 0.15A and ipad charger is 0.45A. It is possible to charge the ipad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad charger is 10W and 2A.

First of all try swapping the cables - i.e. use the iPhone cable on the iPad charger. We've had several reports of damaged contacts in the plug that inserts into the bottom of the iPad. The iPhone cable will work just fine.

After that, try the iPhone charger. It will charge - but slowly (you'll probably get a 'not charging' message on the iPad to warn you that it's charging very slowly)

Tim

rbehrami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried with iphone charger but the same.
The white screen with apple in the middle it appears again every 3 or 5 seconds repeating the same view untill i disconnect from the charger.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - but if the iPad charger or cable were defective you'll have to wait a while for the battery to charge a little. As I mentioned in my last post, you might want to try the iPad charger and the iPhone cable to begin with and then leave it for a couple of hours. If that doesn't work, then try the iPhone charger and iPhone cable and, again, leave it for a while.

Tim

rbehrami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Tim very much
I will try this.
But it is possible that the batery is dead, it is not working any more.

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The fact that it shows the white Apple logo every few seconds is an indication that the iPad is trying to power up but that the battery charge is too low. You need to make sure it's switched off and then charge it for several hours and try again.

Tim

When charging, is it normal to take 4 hours to fully recharge from empty? Also, advice is to switch off when recharging but how can you see progress when it's switched off? Please excuse what may appear as silly questions from a new user.

Thank you

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When charging, is it normal to take 4 hours to fully recharge from empty? Also, advice is to switch off when recharging but how can you see progress when it's switched off? Please excuse what may appear as silly questions from a new user.

Thank you

Yes, a 4 hour charge is not excessive if the battery was exhausted and you have it on during the charge.

And some folks like to charge it overnight or whilst they are out and about, so no need to leave the iPad on whilst it is charging... It will in theory charge a little quicker if off, although in practice I'm not sure you would notice much difference... Turning it off is just a personal preference. As you point out, it's no good if you are desperate to know exactly when it is fully charged.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts