What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Jailbreaking Improve Battery Life?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My battery was 100% before I jailbroke. I have been playing around for 2 hours, and on 3G for at least 15 minutes. 3G drains the battery more than wifi. I am only down to 98% now. This is an unusually slow drain. My sensors app agrees with the built in battery indicator.

Does Jailbreaking Improve Battery Life?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking makes absolutely no difference to your battery. It's the apps and tweaks you install after the jailbreak which have the potential to drain your battery. There is no magic trick to miraculously increase your battery life.

If you restored your device before you jailbroke, you may see some improvement if you had some badly behaving apps and processes in your previous setup. This is no unheard of, but a restore would have given the same results, regardless of the jailbreak.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't restore. Could the restart have freed up resources used by apps badly behaving?

Most reactions

Latest posts