What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drained to zero!

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 that has been great for the 3 months I own it. However, this morning I woke up to a fully drained battery. It had the smart cover on it and it's like there was no sleep mode overnight. Any ideas as to why the battery drained down completely? I believe the iPad had around 88% of battery life last night. So, from 88% to zero overnight with the smart cover closed on it.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it. If it does not happen again just mark it up to a fluke.

Things that it might have been:

If the smart cover was in a position to slide around a bit, it might turn the iPad on and off all night.

Did you have a bluetooth keyboard paired and on. Might do something.

If you started a large app download or other syncing process it could have continued part of the night, using up battery.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that an active (open) app will always shut down when the cover is closed. It may simply turn off the screen and keep running the app. I once thought I saw unusual battery drain on my iPad when I left Safari open to a webpage that automatically updated it's content; with the cover closed. I meant to test that more objectively, but because it would take a lot of time and planning I never have.

To play it safe, always close the open app when you are finished with it. A few do have legitimate background tasks that can eat up battery.

Most reactions

Latest posts