What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really was ...! That's the thing , genuinely surprised , I mean the last time I used it a couple of weeks ago I was ready to launch it out the second floor window , it was really being ....., annoying for want of another word ! Thankfully I rarely use it , which is a shame as it used to be the hub of activity but my trusty ipad / iPhone / ipod combination have taken the lead roll now , all I wanted to do was print a simple doc and I was chuffed lol , the poor thing

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a long-time Windows guy (W 3.0), also proficient in Algol, Fortran, Honewell Assembly Language and Singer-Link GP4 Assembler. Back in my engineering apprenticeship (1960 or so), I even did some binary coding on a UK computer called DEUCE. It took up about 3500 square feet of office space and several tons of air conditioning capacity to do what a $20 scientific calculator can do easily these days.

My wife is the iPad person, as are just about all our grandkids. DW gave her ASUS Netbook an unintended shower in Pinot Grigio while it was powered up (after she got her iPad gift from the grand-kids - I think it was their Mom's company machine and they gave them away when they upgraded). Much spitz-und-sparken, no more netbook.

She decided, since she had the iPad already (I think it's a model 2, since it has two cameras - how can you determine for sure?) she would abandon Windows. Age would suggest it's not an "Air" and size that it's not a "Mini", but I can't find a label that says exactly what it is. We're gradually integrating it into our network. We need a new printer, since the elderly one I have doesn't handle Airprint. My eMachines tower is hooked up to it by a USB cable.

I'm too immersed in Windows (and used to a "proper" keyboard) to make the switch at my age, so I'll soldier on. I will be getting a Win 7 laptop shortly, as my tower is XP and isn't fast enough for W7. I'll be keeping the tower until it dies of old age, exclusively off the Internet, for running Quicken and doing photo-editing. That way, I don't need to buy a new version of Quicken and can isolate our family photo library from the **sholes who are breaking in, setting passwords on your photofiles and then demanding a ransom ($500 to $2000) or they'll delete them.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to general, settings, about and write the model number. Do a web lookup for the model number and it will tell you what color, how much memory etc. mine is a MD371LL and here is a search

image-4273132691.jpg

For the record it is a white, 3rd gen 64GB with cellular.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mac at home and Mac at the office. YAY!!! I don't miss windows at all. When my iMac was delivered, all I had to do was plug it in and use it. I feel like I have a giant iPad as it is so quiet.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started with Windows, I had two high end laptops before I got my first MacBook Pro, I would never go back to Windows.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would love an iMac.

Get one... It will probably last forever. Unless it dies on me, I am not buying a new computer.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started with Windows, I had two high end laptops before I got my first MacBook Pro, I would never go back to Windows.

Nope, I have not looked back since. Very well made products. My iPad2 will be 3 in August. Still works great!!!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, my daughters (used to be mine) ipad original is about 4 years old now and still going strong. Our iPod touch's are still going too, I think they are 2 generation.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct. We find however as they add apple phones then iPads when they are due for an upgrade that Apple iMacs and MacBook products are on the list. We call it the halo effect.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, my daughters (used to be mine) ipad original is about 4 years old now and still going strong. Our iPod touch's are still going too, I think they are 2 generation.

Apple makes very good products. My iPhone 4 is three years old and still works well. I am reluctant to give it up cuz of my grandfathered unlimited data plan LMAO.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple makes very good products. My iPhone 4 is three years old and still works well. I am reluctant to give it up cuz of my grandfathered unlimited data plan LMAO.

If it is AT&T they weren't making you give it up 4 months ago. Even a subsidized phone kept the unlimited data, ask them in an AT&T store. I don't know about other providers though.

bab2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My work require me to use windows, otherwise I use my MBP the rest of the time and also have parallel installed on it, but that's just for playing car racing games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts