What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mac both at home and work.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

reinbeau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows and Android here, if certain anatomy apps ran on anything other than an iPad I wouldn't have bought it at all. It's a nice toy, but not anything I particularly desired.

j2dawson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was forced to live with my daughter-in-law's iMac for a weekend and was glad to get back to my PCs. I have enjoyed my iPad and iPhone but with this ios7 "downgrade", I'm looking at going back to Android for mobile devices.

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm primarily a Windows guy, but after DW gave her WinXP net-book a Pinot Grigio overnight soak (killed it!) she switched to the iPad the grand-kids gave her and is now asking a lot of questions I can't answer. We got "My New iPad" by Wallace Wang, so we're beginning to increase our abilities slowly.

I voted "Both".

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How'd you get so lucky? ;)

Well, I had to replace my 9 year old Dell Inspiron with an iMac last year as it was dying and running out of storage; I was no longer able to update iTunes for some reason. It used to crash all the time.

I use a MacBook Pro, non retina display lol and probably a couple of years old, but better than the white plastic one I was using which is really old. Lol

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Windows 8! Speaking of which, I'm thinking about buying my mom one. Her Windows 7 is 3 years old and crashes frequently. :(

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DW and I were both Win XP users - a desktop for me, a netbook for her. Our grandchildren bought DW an iPad. Within a week she had given her net-book an unintended shower with a glass of Pinot Grigio and is now determined to master the iPad. I'm not much help, as I have absolutely no experience with Apple products

I've been using MS stuff since Windows 3.0. Prior experience (while Bill Gates was still in grade school), included ALGOL for engineering analysis, FORTRAN for simulation work, and both Singer-Link GP4 and Honeywell DDP assembly languages (also in flight simulators).

Apple software is a different game altogether and I'm not sure I want to start over. My plan is to move to Win 7 in the near future for my computing needs. I certainly don't want Win 8. Maybe the genii in Redmond will finally have a decent product with Win 12!

I personally don't like touch screens - my eyesight isn't compatible with having the "keys" the same distance away as the screen. I also don't like having to clean all the fingermarks off the glass!

DW may have to find another mentor - probably our grandchildren, who all have Macs.

Last edited:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They function the same. Virus on windows? Never had one. I never had a problem with windows so changing to mac will just be more of a hassle. No need to change so yeh i'm a windows user.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've started using a MBP because of work. I much prefer my Windows ThinkPad. I love my iDevices, though.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows 8! Speaking of which, I'm thinking about buying my mom one. Her Windows 7 is 3 years old and crashes frequently. :(

Reformat the hard drive and reinstall win7. Save the money and win7 will run like new. No need to force mom to have to deal with learning the flaky win8 interface.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DW and I were both Win XP users - a desktop for me, a netbook for her. Our grandchildren bought DW an iPad. Within a week she had given her net-book an unintended shower with a glass of Pinot Grigio and is now determined to master the iPad. I'm not much help, as I have absolutely no experience with Apple products I've been using MS stuff since Windows 3.0. Prior experience (while Bill Gates was still in grade school), included ALGOL for engineering analysis, FORTRAN for simulation work, and both Singer-Link GP4 and Honeywell DDP assembly languages (also in flight simulators). Apple software is a different game altogether and I'm not sure I want to start over. My plan is to move to Win 7 in the near future for my computing needs. I certainly don't want Win 8. Maybe the genii in Redmond will finally have a decent product with Win 12! I personally don't like touch screens - my eyesight isn't compatible with having the "keys" the same distance away as the screen. I also don't like having to clean all the fingermarks off the glass! DW may have to find another mentor - probably our grandchildren, who all have Macs.

I start with MS way back in the DOS days....in face, back in the IBM days....we had a DOS from IBM and then the thing called MS-DOS. Then I struggled with every sad version on Windows that MS released and many versions on ugly PCs that various manufacturers. Sad sad sad. Somebody should get sued. Still.

Anyway, my point is that iOS is dirt simply compared to that stuff. Just download the iPad manual and read it. You'll pick it up in no time as long as you don't insist on doing things they way you are used to. You have to accept the apple way. iOS is a simple, compact OS that doesn't pretend to be all things to all people.

Nothing you can do about eyesight. I'm 55 and I see up close just find and have no problems with touch screens, even though even I don't like typing large amounts of text on a touch screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts