What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Replacing Some iPad 2s for Backlight Bleeding Issues

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I noticed a lot of bleeding on mine too, just the other day when I was trying out the Crackle app.

I have had it almost a year and never noticed it ~ not a problem!

Have you even tried to speak to the chaps at Apple to see if exchange/upgrade is possible ?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I noticed a lot of bleeding on mine too, just the other day when I was trying out the Crackle app.

I have had it almost a year and never noticed it ~ not a problem!

Have you even tried to speak to the chaps at Apple to see if exchange/upgrade is possible ?

No, I haven't. I have almost had mine a year and I never noticed it before ~ but I was like: "WTF, I have it!" lol!

I don't think it will get worse. June is when I bought it so I guess I better think about it.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
No, I haven't. I have almost had mine a year and I never noticed it before ~ but I was like: "WTF, I have it!" lol!

I don't think it will get worse. June is when I bought it so I guess I better think about it.

As soon as I return to the IK (tomorrow) I will pay the chaps a visit. I live 7 minutes away from an Apple store.

iKersh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I've been reading and viewing regarding this issue, it seems to be getting a little blown out of proportion.

I'm not discounting the fact that the devices are not cheap and if one has one with the issue that they shouldn't let Apple know - or- insinuating that people should not be complaining; everyone shouldn't get too 'up in arms' about as this issue has been around even with the original iPad as evidenced here - youtube.com/#/watch?v=5L7o7zPu0xE

Proverbial food for thought, people...

:)

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i hope mine does not have this issue when it does arrive but unlike some i will have no problem returning it as many times as need be until i receive the quality product i paid for.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gotten my hands on two iPad 2 units, black, 64 gig, AT&T units and neither had any issues of bleeding. Both came from Walmart, and those guys aren't known for gentle merchandise handling, esp if its an electronic. Since I pretty much freak out over a single dead pixel and returned 2 iPod classic units and 3 iPod touch units for that flaw, you can be sure I would have hawk-eyed on that imperfection right away.

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 since May 3rd and I didn't check for the bleeding issue because I wasn't really aware that the issue existed. I just checked mine now and it has the bleed fairly bad on one corner, a bit less on another corner and not very bad in the other 2 corners and a few other minor spots here and there. To be honest, I did not notice it until I checked for it so I don't know if I should bother with returning it. On the other hand, maybe I should return it and try to at least get one that has less bleed than this one...

tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow it seems to be a serious issue as so many claim the bleeding issue. My is fine and was at target store for over a week when nobody could find any iPad 2 because all sold out. I guess nobody believed they would have them and was behind some ipad 1.
So the only bleeding I experienced was money bleeding when I had to pay $880 Lol
Good luck to everybody and hope they get it exchanged since this is not a cheap toy.

mocha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I know this screen bleeding will hv any effect in the future?

Most reactions

Latest posts