What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Replacing Some iPad 2s for Backlight Bleeding Issues

orums

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tablet-news.org
I don't think this problem has been really solved. Apple only said "at some point Apple will be shipping product with no defects".

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
I was at the apple store today to exchange my iPad 2 and they said that they are using remanufactured to switch out. I asked if they could check the backlight issue on some of them so I could have the better one and they said no. What ever received was what I had for the time being. No choice of a better screen. I'll check back with them to see if tomorrow I get a better person from apple.

Wow. Stark contrast to my experience in the UK. They checked my replacement, found that was also faulty and then went for a third. That also had the problem but was the best out the 3. They agreed i could take it and try again in a few weeks.

Reaction score
heybutch1 said:
Wow. Stark contrast to my experience in the UK. They checked my replacement, found that was also faulty and then went for a third. That also had the problem but was the best out the 3. They agreed i could take it and try again in a few weeks.

In Scotland, they said, I could get it replaced, but if I decide to do so, they will not be willing to exchange the unit again, if the issue persists.

I still took the replacement unit, assuming the woman was flat-out lying.

Avionyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[
In Scotland, they said, I could get it replaced, but if I decide to do so, they will not be willing to exchange the unit again, if the issue persists.

Well that can't be right. As the goods still wouldn't be free from defects so of course they will have to replace it as long as its still in warranty.

I would hope the woman is wrong, anyway!

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went today and they upgraded me to a 32 gb from a 16 gb. They were very helpful and even held onto one until I got there. I live in Md. The iPad was not remanufactured it was brand new. The gods were shining down on me today.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the problem really bad? Our best buy finally has a few 3G models in, I was considering getting one. I have the original, but was considering upgrading. I've been hearing so many complaints about the screen bleeding issues, I decided to wait.

Reaction score
iluvmyipad said:
Is the problem really bad? Our best buy finally has a few 3G models in, I was considering getting one. I have the original, but was considering upgrading. I've been hearing so many complaints about the screen bleeding issues, I decided to wait.

Here is a comparison of iPad 1 vs. 2 screen bleeding. The one on the right is an iPad 1, so while the issue exists, would I argue, that it is not much of an issue, unless it annoyed you on iPad 1 as well.

Attachments

• image-3018979557.png
    image-3018979557.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 1,062

gza1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this kind of problem happens with mine... Should I call apple ?or go to best buy? (that's where I bought mine)

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Here is a comparison of iPad 1 vs. 2 screen bleeding. The one on the right is an iPad 1, so while the issue exists, would I argue, that it is not much of an issue, unless it annoyed you on iPad 1 as well.

Mine isn't as bad as these two.

64GB 3G White iPad

Rich2putt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Apple Products. My ipad2 will be delivered next week from Apple. If the screen has a backlight issue, will the warranty still be 12 months with an "engraving" done by Apple?

Thanks

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich2putt said:
New to Apple Products. My ipad2 will be delivered next week from Apple. If the screen has a backlight issue, will the warranty still be 12 months with an "engraving" done by Apple?

Thanks

Yes

64GB 3G White iPad

Russell578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
I went today and they upgraded me to a 32 gb from a 16 gb. They were very helpful and even held onto one until I got there. I live in Md. The iPad was not remanufactured it was brand new. The gods were shining down on me today.

Did you have to pay anything extra for the upgrade?

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the additional costs. I wanted to upgrade anyway because of the amount of movies I was putting on it. They didn't have a 16 gb on for me.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked my old iPad 1 for bleeding and it does the same, given that it is not yet a year old, do you think they will replace or more ideally upgrade it ? My iPad 2 bleeds also so I will pursue that one with apple also.

Most reactions

Latest posts