What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.1 Jailbreak Observations - UPDATED

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@ f4780y:
I'm not new to the jailbreak seen and I was really having a hardtime with this jailbreak on my iphone and then I read your post about running redsn0w in xp mode and that was so helpful thank you and I really love pkgbackup it was amazing.

You are more than welcome. Cheers.

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The default repo addresses were changed in the latest release of Cydia. You told pkgbackup to overwrite all of the new repos with the old repo information in your backup, at best you should have merged. It did exactly what you told it to do.
There must be something else at play, as the backup I restored from was only 2 days old and had been generated with Cydia 1.1.1 already in place. The backup should have contained the new addresses. The few mentions I have seen of this issue imply that it wasn't just the addresses but the way they are handled that has changed. I have also seen references to the problem that indicated that Merge may pork the default addresses as well. The only "safe" path seems to be to avoid selecting the default addresses for restoration.

I do not know the mechanics of repo addressing or how they are handled by Cydia or Pkgbackup, but your scenario of what I did above has some incorrect assumptions and seems to oversimplify the root of the problem. I'll be curious to see if there is more info in the coming days.

Cheers!
sn0wbreeze 2.5 JB on 4.3.1 iPad 1 :D

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AWolfOutWest said:
There must be something else at play, as the backup I restored from was only 2 days old and had been generated with Cydia 1.1.1 already in place. The backup should have contained the new addresses. The few mentions I have seen of this issue imply that it wasn't just the addresses but the way they are handled that has changed. I have also seen references to the problem that indicated that Merge may pork the default addresses as well. The only "safe" path seems to be to avoid selecting the default addresses for restoration.

I do not know the mechanics of repo addressing or how they are handled by Cydia or Pkgbackup, but your scenario of what I did above has some incorrect assumptions and seems to oversimplify the root of the problem. I'll be curious to see if there is more info in the coming days.

Cheers!
sn0wbreeze 2.5 JB on 4.3.1 iPad 1 :D

Ill do a bit of digging and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AWolfOutWest said:
There must be something else at play, as the backup I restored from was only 2 days old and had been generated with Cydia 1.1.1 already in place.

What version of pkgbackup you on? 4.2.9 has bugs in handling repos... Just checking...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious what about Infinidock isn't working, as it seems to be responding normally here on 4.3.1

I've updated the first post. chpwn has released version 1.7.6-1 for 4.3.1 compatibility since I first tried. Thanks.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shrink has just been updated to 0.9.7 with 4.3.1 support, which makes me very happy! First post updated accordingly.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AWolfOutWest said:
There must be something else at play, as the backup I restored from was only 2 days old and had been generated with Cydia 1.1.1 already in place. The backup should have contained the new addresses.

I got in touch with Jibril and he has confirmed there is a bug on repo restores and he is working on a fix for it right now. Keep an eye out in Cydia for an update soon!

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very happy to report that Hiraku has updated 5 row keyboard for iPad to work under 4.3.1. I'm using it now! HIGHLY recommend this tweak.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this installed and ticked in winterboard but still have only 4rows. I'm still on 4.2.1 and resprung.
Hmmmmm....
Update:
Nevermind...my bad...had to goto in the submenu for keyboard settings and choose 5row from list.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts