What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15K cash for a Car! Dealership or No?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too! She works so hard and so deserves this. She is texting me ~ they are at my son's shop and have it up on the rack thingy.

She just texted me to tell me that she has a USB in her car!! She was so excited! So she can put her flash drive in there?

And ......it opens on what to read it?

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Me too! She works so hard and so deserves this. She is texting me ~ they are at my son's shop and have it up on the rack thingy.

She just texted me to tell me that she has a USB in her car!! She was so excited! So she can put her flash drive in there?

And ......it opens on what to read it?

She can indeed stick in a flash drive chock full of mp3s. :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. She ran in to get her iPod earlier. So they found that the car needs to be realigned and she called the dealer and bringing it in tomorrow.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. She ran in to get her iPod earlier. So they found that the car needs to be realigned and she called the dealer and bringing it in tomorrow.

That's not bad at all. Hyundai really turned their act around in the past few years, so I'm excited for her!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you thought about a basic Smart car you can get one brand new under the price that you post for about out the door for $12,500.oo with tags and title & taxs for about $14,000.oo there with a $1000.oo left over for gas for a couple of years of heavy driving

My Smart is a great little car and the insurance is less than $88.oo dollars a month it and that full coverage from State Farm

Plus the nice thing about it the gas mileage that you get .I have a few upgrade's on my and i still get's in the area of 35 to 40 miles per gallon in the city driveing and over 40 out on he highway for a couple of long distance trips i have driven for work .

If she has no family to haul around they are the one car for a single person because of the parking and other thing's that make them so great for a single person driving style

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they are great little car's and they are safe as you going to be a in a car crash in a small vehicle ..The biggest problem most people have them is that they really have not read enough about them ..

As a single person driver in the vehicle they are great or as my girl say i know that you not out picking up car' load's of women out there at that remote place where you work ..

Go and take a test drive at the smart center there in Sac and see if you do not come away with a rethinking of maybe it might just be the car that i need right now ..I'm spending about a $60.oo a month driveing back and forth between La area to the remote area of Neveda for work every three weeks that one fill up there and one fill up on the way back and i doing it for less than $20.backs each way ..The extra 10 bucks is for snacks for the drive there or home because i will not stop intill i get home or there for work or if i do stop if for a bathroom break and that it

So take a test drive in one there Sweet and see if you like it

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those SmartCars are really nice, perfect for congested city parking. Glad you were all finally able to make the decision on the car SweetP.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay cash for my cars and was told by dealerships that they don't care either way. (I don't know whether that's actually true.) They said as far as they're concerned, even if you get a loan, they get all their money right off from the bank, so it's just paperwork that they're saving.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a friend once that went on line and got her car ~ went in and picked it up.

Wonder how easy that is, really?

I do this regularly. I decide what I want, find out actual cost online, mark up so the dealership can make a reasonable profit, email the fleet sales manager and make my offer. I tell them I'm making that offer to every dealership within reasonable distance and say whoever accepts first gets my money.

It's that simple and works. You go to the fleet sales manager because that person sells in quantity, so doesn't waste time negotiating back and forth.

I don't waste time negotiating, I get what I want and they make a quick sale. I've done that with my last four cars and picked up my car the same day or the next day. Of course, I'm buying new, which makes the car easily interchangeable, versus a used car, which is less apples to apples.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you were all finally able to make the decision on the car SweetP.

Thank you.

Her car is so nice! It smells so new ~ love that smell. The only thing that she is trippin about is that out of her 400 songs on her iPod the USB only reads Mp3 songs ~ which are not many at all.

Why is it doing that? She needs to get the book and read ~

Her payments on her loan is $327 @ 6.2 APR. She did well ~

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay cash for my cars and was told by dealerships that they don't care either way. (I don't know whether that's actually true.) They said as far as they're concerned, even if you get a loan, they get all their money right off from the bank, so it's just paperwork that they're saving.

I bet that is true! And you are right ~ they get completely paid off, because her payments are to the our Credit Union. So they paid the dealership right off, right?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I bet that is true! And you are right ~ they get completely paid off, because her payments are to the our Credit Union. So they paid the dealership right off, right?

Yes, that's why I tend to believe the dealership (about that at least!). Lol. Unless the dealership holds your note (meaning you're paying them monthly), whoever makes the loan would have to pay everything upfront to the dealership before they let you drive off.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Thank you.

Her car is so nice! It smells so new ~ love that smell. The only thing that she is trippin about is that out of her 400 songs on her iPod the USB only reads Mp3 songs ~ which are not many at all.

Why is it doing that? She needs to get the book and read ~

Her payments on her loan is $327 @ 6.2 APR. She did well ~

I'm not sure about the MP3s, but it sure sounds like she did great on the car. :)

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re: the mp3 conundrum. AAC files area protected and the iPod is configured in such a way that it can't, as far as I know, act as a thumb drive. Your daughter will need either an iPod adapter for the stereo (which would give her the option of controlling it through the stereo) or a plain old flash drive loaded up with her mp3s. A little research into the car and stereo models will show you what the best option is. Personally I'm a fan of iPod adapters. They give you a 30 pin connector and charge your iPod while playing music.

Most reactions