What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad in hot car!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last few days it has been warm ~ so in our cars is hella hot! Sometimes I leave my briefcase in my car. I left my iPad in there yesterday. It was very warm, but okay. Got in, kicked on the air quickly for it, like it was human.:eek:

Can't be good for it though, right? Do you think the trunk is cooler? It is only going to get hotter as hell is arriving quickly.

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heat for any computer type device is bad. I haven't spent any time in a trunk before :), but I dont believe it will be any better...The sun is still beating down on the car, and will heat it up. There isn't a way for the heat to escape, so it will just build.

I know this is preaching to the choir, but if at all possible, take your ipad, ipod, laptop...what ever, out of the car if not on.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about one of those insulated containers - the sort Colin would keep his Fosters in?

Tim
Scotland

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm....that is not a bad idea, Tim!! I love you!

Okay ~

I give. What is Fosters? Beer? Ice cream? Somehow I'm thinkin is not ice cream.:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get three guesses.... and the first two don't count!

140600.jpg

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
You get three guesses.... and the first two don't count!

Want...gimme, gimme, gimme....(hands whacking the iPad glass trying to grab....)

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last few days it has been warm ~ so in our cars is hella hot! Sometimes I leave my briefcase in my car. I left my iPad in there yesterday. It was very warm, but okay. Got in, kicked on the air quickly for it, like it was human.:eek:

Can't be good for it though, right? Do you think the trunk is cooler? It is only going to get hotter as hell is arriving quickly.

iPad specifications list the maximum storage temperature as 113 deg F. I wonder how they transport them to Apple stores in Arizona. Air conditioned trucks?

Reaction score
Billee said:
iPad specifications list the maximum storage temperature as 113 deg F. I wonder how they transport them to Apple stores in Arizona. Air conditioned trucks?

Don't they usually ship in the morning or evening?

But somehow I doubt that anyone actually measures the temp. during transport.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Her is another forum . Same question regarding iPOD.

I liked that answer though:
"... some where like glove box or under seat it whould be ok.
i've mesured the temp in my car in various places on a day when it was sunny and out side temp was 35 degrees (95 for you guys)

dashboard temp hit over 65 (149) !!! after about 6 hours (and blakned the screen of the thermoter). where as under the seat or under a jacket on the back seat it never got above about 30 - 35 (85-95). IF you dont belive me, next time you leave the car for a few hours throw a jacket on the seat. when u come back shove you have under it and you will feel how cool it is. so temp shouldn't damge it if you are carefull where you put it. (mine lives in my frount arm rest, where its tucked away out of sight and connected to my head unit.)

however, getting it stolen is another matter completly. and i cant advise leaving it in you car unless you know the car will be safe."

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! So you would leave your iPad in the car when it is 100 degrees out?

I can't always take it in with me ~ I am not always entering calm, safe environments.:( And when my head should be with the matter at hand, I find myself trippin over my iPad in the car!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
" ~ I am not always entering calm, safe environments."

First rule of Fight Club, never talk about Fight Club. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts