What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did you buy your iPad?

Why did you buy your iPad?

• Total voters

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why did you buy your iPad? Was it for work, or home, or just for play? iPad 1 and 2.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TV made me do it. All those commercials! And that music ~ wasn't my fault at all really. I just had to have it:D

I use it for work and play!

dee1cc89.png

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mines as a gift. But with that gift, I've truly eliminated my need to use my dinosaur of a desktop pc anymore. iPad makes life that much easier as I do everything with it. It has even helped me land a few jobs with the ease of how I do things with my iPad. I am always using it, whether it's for researching, playing games, looking at maps and getting directions, showing it off to other people showing them how great it is, watching movies and media, listening to radio/pandora, editing photos/movies, drawing/painting, reading digital books/manuals, writing in Max Journal, using video conferencing apps(on my ipad1) to see and talk with fam., checking/sending emails, and the list goes on and on. I truly consider my iPad the jack of all trades. ;-)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
TV made me do it. All those commercials! And that music ~ wasn't my fault at all really. I just had to have it:D

I use it for work and play!

Your are quick! Now that I have the poll up you can vote! :)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I voted "Other" because I use it for everything! Except sex, of course...lmfao. That was funny, excuse my dark humor :)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I voted "Other" because I use it for everything! Except sex, of course...lmfao. That was funny, excuse my dark humor :)

I think that is the first time I have heard that word on this forum.

NightFury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it so I could have an e-reader. I almost got a Nook Color, but my mom convinced me to buy an iPad (and she even bought it for me for my birthday) :) Obviously it's more than an e-reader, and I'm loving what it does, but I also love reading books on it. So glad my mom got it for me.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NightFury said:
I got it so I could have an e-reader. I almost got a Nook Color, but my mom convinced me to buy an iPad (and she even bought it for me for my birthday) :) Obviously it's more than an e-reader, and I'm loving what it does, but I also love reading books on it. So glad my mom got it for me.

I read books all the time.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never used to read many books at all. Maybe three in five years. Since I got my iPad I have downloaded and read six books in three months. So while I originally bought the iPad for one reason, I ended up using it for another. That is what is so good about it. You don't really know how you will use it until you have it.

NightFury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
I read books all the time.

Me too! And I loved the idea of being able to bring all my books with me. I am a little disappointed that there are several books that I want to add into my library that are not available in the e-book format. But it's been great. I like to read particularly at night and with the iPad it has been much easier. I'll admit I still miss the feeling of turning real pages, but there's just something about reading on the iPad that makes it better, I guess. :)

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For fun, to play around, for fun, to read books, for fun, to take notes, for fun.... oh yeah for fun.

I was like...nah I don't care about the ipad.. then one day I said, you know what I'm gonna get me one. My friend said, no way really? I said, yep... and I got in my car and drove down to the apple store and got one.. I'm so glad I did!!

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BrennB said:
For fun, to play around, for fun, to read books, for fun, to take notes, for fun.... oh yeah for fun.

I was like...nah I don't care about the ipad.. then one day I said, you know what I'm gonna get me one. My friend said, no way really? I said, yep... and I got in my car and drove down to the apple store and got one.. I'm so glad I did!!

Mine is mainly for fun, but I use it for everything.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got tired of carrying my laptop around.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:
Got tired of carrying my laptop around.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Me too. I wanted to add that to the poll but I can't figure out how.

Most reactions

Latest posts