What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

simple question what did you buy your ipad for

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
simple question why did you buy your ipad for

so what was the rea reason why you bought the ipad in the first place ??

-as a secondary device inside the house to use for diff fuctions inside the home instread of getting on the desktop or laptop inside the house hold ..

-As a way to check and send Emails from a private or pubic Wifi system or 3G network

-As a way to surf the internet and track packages that you have bought

-By useing the diff applications that are aviailable from diff sources to use in one person professional business life for work or useing them in one personal life

-Is beening used as a personal enterianment device to read E-books or to listen to music or to play games that you have on the ipad for your personal enjoyment

- To lighten one load when traveling to keep from becomeing so weighted down with electronic devices it has become a nightmare for some travelers out there with all the devices that they carry when traveling ..

so ask the question why did you buy the ipad ???

The ipad was not bought out for us so called Tech or greeks or freaks of the computer world it was bought out for the society that is not very advance with the socalled technology that we have now days ..

They made the ipad as simple and basic as it coud be for a person with no basic computer skills to use the device and that the market that apple was targeting not the tech freaks of the computer world

Last edited:

Dragoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laptop replacement to surf net while out and about and when sitting in bed or on couch. Also to watch movies and read ebooks.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always held the opinion....I have an iPhone why do I need a bigger one.! But finally I found a month old one on craigslist for $400 plus a case and the apple dock/keyboard. Now I don't know what I would do without it! As for the "reason" well I can use all my media anywhere without waiting for a PC to boot up.

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the iPad for media consumption: ebooks, web, photos, video and music. My iPad has not replaced a single device I already owned (except I guess my Ipod Touch for watching video) but it has certainly given me something I didn't have before.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a moderator in 2 forums. As much as I love my D2, it's not exactly easy to post quickly and to use for moderating purposes.

And now I have some cool games that i can't get in the Market. ;)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Watching movies, surfing without sticking myself in a corner of the man cave, keeping up-to-date with tech, friends and family (in that order), magazines and books, drawing, note taking, lightweight mobile computing.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
surfing, email, ebook reading, games, movies, some office work, almost all, totally an infatuating experience with it ;)

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
-College.....easier to bring than a laptop, and actually survives through 6 hours of classes. It doesn't do absolutely everything I need it to, but it has absolutely been a valuable asset.

-Flying.....I fly between Japan and the US quite often, it's a long flight, so it's nice to have a device I can watch movies on for the entire flight and not have to worry about the battery running dead.

-Money..... I use e*Trade for stock trading, and the app they have for the iPad is awesome. It can't do everything I need, but it can do 95% of it.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Initially as a convenient surfing device, tool for running home poker games and the occasional game. It has quickly become my go to device for 90% of what I do in the house and I'm finding more and more uses for it.
I only use my laptop now for photo editing, media conversion, large downloads and the rare instance where I need Flash.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use my for what I got it for: sitting on the couch, reading e-mails, browsing the web, etc. The cool part is that because it is so portable, I use it a lot more than just on the couch! It's a great leisure machine/reward for when I've done all my homework, for example, or just want to take a break.

I'm also starting to use it more and more at college. I'm using it for my e-book in one class and occasionally use it to take notes. I just need to practice more with my note-taking app, and then I'll use it even more.

I'm really liking this whole iPad thing!

Marilyn

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad! Makes my life much easier out in the field. I still get that high every time I go get it to use.

I especially love to take it out of the case ( but I don't move! ) and use it. I still can't believe I have one.

Who'd a thunk.:D

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a galaxy tab, but was too small for my taste, provided I have an EVO 4.3 inches so it wasnt much of a difference. I also wanted a different os experience from android. So far im loving the iPad, hating iTunes. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts