What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did you buy your iPad?

Why did you buy your iPad?

• Total voters

Mmj2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Good one. I know I would be if my woman got the ipad2..lol. What does he think of ur ipad2 compared to his?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It is taking everything he has to not try and buy one himself. He claims he can notice a huge difference in the speed but really it's not that great and he wouldn't use the camera so he can't seem to come up with a good justification for upgrading so it is killing him a little bit :)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I voted other because I bought it use for a few hours at home and decide if I would keep it.

I wanted to play around with it for 1 night and see if its worth me paying £399. I already have iPad 3G and side by side comparisons i did, although not scientific, didn't show much difference.

Can't wait until this time next year

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops thought the title said iPad 2!, mine was bought for me mainly for university, taking notes in lectures etc etc.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was no reason for me to buy one at first. I was seduced by the touch interface in the first demo Apple made. When that person swiped through Photos my jaw dropped. I just couldn't believe it was possible to go through pictures that fast! And when I realized I could surf Internet from anywhere with 3G I was hooked.
" You want my first born? Okay, where do I sign?"

There's something else to add, an other factor that brought me to iPad. The device felt like the right tool for creative support and I now feel that this hunch was correct. I use it to sketch, write, take notes and some time it will help me get back to music writing.( GarageBand is awesome)

It's iPad's size and portability that makes it the perfect "Art Book", to write down ideas as soon as I get them.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
Oops thought the title said iPad 2!, mine was bought for me mainly for university, taking notes in lectures etc etc.

I added iPad one or two. It's ok.

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iChuckNorris said:
I bought mine mainly because I'm an IT geek and it's just cool. I've been fairly anti-Apple for most of my IT career, but I can't deny the appeal of the iPad. I usually carry my laptop with me everywhere, but it's not exactly convenient to pull out of my bag quickly and google something. The iPad is very convenient. Since purchasing it, I've found that it is great for ebooks, games, business apps, and tons of other stuff... so I guess I'm a convert now. After having the iPad for a while, I can't see myself not having a tablet of some sort ever again, it's definitely a game changing device!

+1 to all above, also since I have a long commute to/from work iPad has been the most useful divice I ever had. It replaced my Netbook (I can't even find it anymore). Watching videos, reading books, RSS feeds, playing music (pianos, synths), internet, ocasional games... Best gadget ever, and I had them all (Handspring, Palms, Archos, etc.). Much lighter than laptop, easier to hold while sitting on a train. I take it with me on vacations, its awesome on long flights, and with camera kit u can review vacation photos on the night after they were taken (I do wish it could read CF cards tho). As soon as iPad 2 came out I had to upgrade (camera for AR apps and videochat, smaller size). I don't think I'll upgrade to version 3, but who knows :)

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks cool,works well,and is handy for game-play.Once famously said to family and friends would never buy an ipad,now eating humble pie.Nice one Steve. :D

Neil.

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For travel. We travel a lot and take lots of pictures. Wanted to be able to see the pictures without lugging around a laptop. Also, for the web to get info, directions, change or make reservations and check email. The iPad is much easier to travel with than a laptop.

Reaction score
I hated the iPad until I went to an apple store and used one. I bought mine in January and never looked back. Oh and those thinking about upgrading just wait for the iPad 3. Lol

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
32gb3gwifialicious said:
I hated the iPad until I went to an apple store and used one. I bought mine in January and never looked back. Oh and those thinking about upgrading just wait for the iPad 3. Lol

That is my opinion as well.

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am instructor and I wanted to have all my training materials/notes in electronic form. I also use it to have remote access to my training room an all the other usual stuff. Works a treat!

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was tired of carrying a ton of gear around along with the fact that it does all the things i need

Most reactions

Latest posts