What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy or Apple Store?

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an Apple store I can travel to (next city over), but the Best Buy is closer. I know they have the 3G iPad on sale now - but besides that - is there any significant reason to choose one over the other?

Where did you buy your iPad? Would you recommend that? Why or why not?

Thank you!

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a refurb from the online Apple store. Has the full warranty, is in perfect condition and I saved $100.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OOoooo - I hadn't thought of that! Can you have a refurb delivered to the store, or do you have to have it shipped?

OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... on the other hand, a quick check tells me that the 32gb with 3G refurb on Apple.com is $679, the same model new at Best Buy is $699.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an Apple store I can travel to (next city over), but the Best Buy is closer. I know they have the 3G iPad on sale now - but besides that - is there any significant reason to choose one over the other?

Where did you buy your iPad? Would you recommend that? Why or why not?

Thank you!

The nearest Apple Store from me is in Indianapolis, IN. So I had to buy my iPad from Best Buy. I have been to an Apple store in several cities in the USA and I wish one was closer to me as they provide workshops and classes on using Apple product.

Best Buy has a pretty good warranty that goes above and beyond what Apple Care would do. Going to Best Buy you have the opportunity to see what is available besides the Apple iPad. If you have a Walmart or a Target near you you can also buy iPads from these two retailers.

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine at the Apple Store since it was closer. Personally I prefer to get it from the manufacturer but hey whatever is best for ya. The Apple Store lady was excellent as well and really took her time taking me through the details before I bought plus sold me some accesories. I walked out of the store looking like a tourist shopping in a Florida mall.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had to choose from apple store or best buy I would go with the apple store. I bought mine at PC World here in the uk

OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a good point, too. Besides my really old iPod, this will be my first iProduct - so there's an excellent chance I might need some hand holding...

The Apple Store lady was excellent as well and really took her time taking me through the details before I bought plus sold me some accesories.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to have things delivered to me so that's why I went the shipped route though I've always gotten my phones from BB and had good service. BB has a nice warranty, but of course you have to pay extra for it.

I really don't think you can go wrong either way. The ipad is so user friendly that I can't imagine needing a demonstration. Any questions I've thought of are answered in the booklet and any unapproved apple answers can be found online.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bought mine last May from online Apple store. My closest Apple store is over an hour away or a bit more but I have a Best Buy very close. I bought my Ipod Classic and my Touch from Best Buy.

If you think you might need some help and the Apple store isn't inconvenient I would go that route. My friend has an Apple store nearby and they were helpful for her. Now I do printscreens with written notes on them and email as her tutes LOL.

Diane

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The online Apple Store also offers free engraving for iPods and iPads. Great to have if you like your device personalized (or as a gift.)

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased from Best Buy then called Apple to add Apple Care. FYI you do get Best Buy Bucks for the purchase of the Ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts