What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did you buy your iPad?

Why did you buy your iPad?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I bought a Kindle and it has no backlight so I got an iPad as a book reader. Seriously.
Once I got it I found it is soooo much more than a nice electronic Bible and book reader.
I used to use my Incredible for 99% of my computing but now I use my iPad for 99% and my Incredible for the other 1%,heck I even text on my iPad more than I do my Inc now with the free TextNow app

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They need to change the Beatles song "all you need is love" to "all you need is iPad!"

Mmj2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My laptop is almost dead and I was jealous of my husband always having his so conveniently at hand. So I bought the iPad 2 so he can be jealous of me for a while :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was no reason for me to buy one at first. I was seduced by the touch interface in the first demo Apple made. When that person swiped through Photos my jaw dropped. I just couldn't believe it was possible to go through pictures that fast! And when I realized I could surf Internet from anywhere with 3G I was hooked.
" You want my first born? Okay, where do I sign?"

Reaction score
Woke up this morning thinking that I have used the iPad for such an extensive time, that it is worth it getting the new version. It was a rather spontaneous decision, so I still have the 1st gen, but hopefully that one will be sold soon.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For fun, to play around, for fun, to read books, for fun, to take notes, for fun.... oh yeah for fun.

I was like...nah I don't care about the ipad.. then one day I said, you know what I'm gonna get me one. My friend said, no way really? I said, yep... and I got in my car and drove down to the apple store and got one.. I'm so glad I did!!

Exactly how I was.

I could not think of a reason why I needed an iPad. I have a netbook, a desktop PC, an e-book reader and I hate cell phones. I never used a touch device before.

So, one day, I caught myself thinking about getting a touch screen e-reader. Then, I thought, why restrict myself to "only" a seven inch screen?

Got in my car, drove to the Apple store, walked in, told the clerk what I wanted, paid for it and went home. Never looked back nor regretted the purchase (though I now regret I waited so long to get it ... 4 months. What was I thinking!).

The netbook sulks in the corner while the desktop PC gets used to do papers for college homework. Yeah, the e-book reader gets used just as much as before - but only because the backlight on the iPad bothers my eyes during extended reading sessions.

Overall, it is my ultimate couch surfing machine and I couldn't be happier. So, I selected other because I use it at home, school and any where else I can.

Best purchase ever! :D

Marilyn

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Exactly how I was.

I could not think of a reason why I needed an iPad. I have a netbook, a desktop PC, an e-book reader and I hate cell phones. I never used a touch device before.

So, one day, I caught myself thinking about getting a touch screen e-reader. Then, I thought, why restrict myself to "only" a seven inch screen?

Got in my car, drove to the Apple store, walked in, told the clerk what I wanted, paid for it and went home. Never looked back nor regretted the purchase (though I now regret I waited so long to get it ... 4 months. What was I thinking!).

The netbook sulks in the corner while the desktop PC gets used to do papers for college homework. Yeah, the e-book reader gets used just as much as before - but only because the backlight on the iPad bothers my eyes during extended reading sessions.

Overall, it is my ultimate couch surfing machine and I couldn't be happier. So, I selected other because I use it at home, school and any where else I can.

Best purchase ever! :D

Marilyn

You can select multiple options on the poll. I guess it is too late now. But anyway, iPad is my first touch screen device ever and I don't think I can go back!

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally got mine to use with school, like powerpoint slides I converted to PDFs and writing notes on them. Other productivity apps for school also. Hopefully being able to get textbooks on there in the next semester or so.

But also got it for fun, and using around the house. I have a MacBook from 2007, and I was getting tired of carrying it to school everyday. Now with the iPad 2 it's much lighter and has apps that aren't available on a computer and can watch Netflix, do Facebook and play games.

I also bought a Kindle 3G in January. But after getting the iPad 2 and getting busy with school and work I wasn't using it much anymore. And I remembered Target has a 90 return policy, so I brought it back and it relieved some of the sting from buying the iPad also.

But don't get me wrong I like using the Kindle to read for long periods of time better than reading from the iPad screen. At some point I will probably get another Kindle, but might upgrade to a MacBook Pro first.

iChuckNorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine mainly because I'm an IT geek and it's just cool. I've been fairly anti-Apple for most of my IT career, but I can't deny the appeal of the iPad. I usually carry my laptop with me everywhere, but it's not exactly convenient to pull out of my bag quickly and google something. The iPad is very convenient. Since purchasing it, I've found that it is great for ebooks, games, business apps, and tons of other stuff... so I guess I'm a convert now. After having the iPad for a while, I can't see myself not having a tablet of some sort ever again, it's definitely a game changing device!

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't that interested in the iPad until I went into the apple store to book an appointment to get my MacBook fixed. The guy booked me in using an iPad in the apple case. And from then on I wanted one. So I spent the next 2 months desperately waiting to my student loan to go into my bank. Got a 45 min bus into town at 8am. Bought the iPad. Then jumped straight back on the bus home.

One of the best purchases I've ever made.
I use it as a portfolio ( I'm a photography student)
I read with it
Play ALOT of games.
Watch movies
Listen to music
And surf the web.

Dont really use my MacBook hardly as often as I used too!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmj2011 said:
My laptop is almost dead and I was jealous of my husband always having his so conveniently at hand. So I bought the iPad 2 so he can be jealous of me for a while :)

Good one. I know I would be if my woman got the ipad2..lol. What does he think of ur ipad2 compared to his?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts